indy crate motors Feedback????

-
With indy's history of selling stuff that has had shaving and causing 20K+ hemi door stops because of it. I'd have someone you trust machine/build it. If you buy from them, expect rotten service, it's a given and they even treat theie dealers like junk too. Once they have your money any issues are your fault, even on an unfired engine.

If they can't even do decent work on a 20K engine, it sure doesn't make me think they can get a 5K one right either.

Do a search, you'll find plenty of issues all over the internet.

Brian at Indio Motor Machine

Dan Costello at Performance Only in Florida

Hi, anyone have any experience with IndyHeads crate motors, I am looking at the 360/380hp Crate Motor priced @ $4995... any thoughts???
Thanks, John

http://indyheads.com/newla.html

I can do that same basic build, but with a holley 650dp, our RHS heads, no orange box but with a water pump for 5400.00 delivered anywhere in the U.S.
And it will make over 400HP.
Brian

I can do that same basic build, but with a holley 650dp, our RHS heads, no orange box but with a water pump for 5400.00 delivered anywhere in the U.S.
Brian

Yeah, but does yours come with "coated shirts" like the Indy motor? :mrgreen:

Yeah, but does yours come with "coated shirts" like the Indy motor? :mrgreen:

Nope. Those pistons are the cheapest to use and that's why they're using them. We use KB hypers as they are a much better piston and cost more too. I can use those but I choose not too.

Crackedback, you seem pissed do you have some personal experience with Indy, I agree they are butt heads but you seem really mad, wats up.

Not mad at all.

Seen and know enough people that got done under by Russ and crew. Just spreading the good word about them.

They have some decent stuff... machining isn't one of them and QC is really lacking.

OK YOUR WORD IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. They NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE TALK AND IT COULD HURT BUSINESS.

Thanks for the warning crackedback. I would never have guessed.
Glad johnmucci asked.

Brian

John,that right there is a hard offer to refuse!! Even though Brian is on the wrong coast,his rep is great and ships around the world.:mrgreen: Indy does in fact have great MOPAR parts.but I also have heard NOT to buy from them but from a builder/dealer.

I can only speak for the INDY Intake and Heads i have on my 408 stroker. Im very happy with the 360-1 cnc heads as they helped get the 408 to put out 611 hp on the Dyno. Not bad for a small block.

Nope. Those pistons are the cheapest to use and that's why they're using them. We use KB hypers as they are a much better piston and cost more too. I can use those but I choose not too.

I think maybe you missed the joke? The Indy ad says coated shirts, not skirts. :mrgreen:

Or maybe you did get the joke, I'm not sure. :scratch:

Indy's workmanship sucks, and you pay a premium for it. I'd guess, basing the output of the 426 wedge I worked with, that the 380hp 360 will acutally be around 320. Because the "500hp" 426 B wedge with SR heads for $9500 plus freight, makes 440 and smokes pretty badly after 10K miles. If you're in Florida, look up Dan at Performance Only Racing. His screename is DRAM on Moparts.

I think maybe you missed the joke? The Indy ad says coated shirts, not skirts. :mrgreen:

Or maybe you did get the joke, I'm not sure. :scratch:

No, I was tired I guess and didn't even see that...lol. So let me clarify...our pistons CAN come with coated shirts...they say imm engine & dyno....haha.

Indy's workmanship sucks, and you pay a premium for it. I'd guess, basing the output of the 426 wedge I worked with, that the 380hp 360 will acutally be around 320. Because the "500hp" 426 B wedge with SR heads for $9500 plus freight, makes 440 and smokes pretty badly after 10K miles. If you're in Florida, look up Dan at Performance Only Racing. His screename is DRAM on Moparts.

If your going to keep it local, I second this. Dan is a solid builder and seems to be very honest.

Dan goes by "Performance Only" over at Moparts

The DRAM name got nuked when someone hacked the site a while back.

Thanks to all who have chimed in! I really appreciate your comments and input! Don't want to spend good money on bad workmanship!!!

Anybody got a website for "Performance Only'???

Brian, Yeah, my bad... I forgot he had changed his name.
The website wasn't real good as I recall if it's still operational. However his name is Dan Costello and his email should be [email protected] .

-
Back