Indy Edelbrock heads

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Has anyone run the Indy Edelbrock heads. If so How do you like them. Im looking for Aluminum heads for my 410 stroker. Thanks

Not familiar with indy edelbrocks ,unless im missing something this is two different brands. Im running indy ezs as they use a standard intake and headers.

some people call them indy brocks. know one guy who runs them on a stroker and they seem to do good.8)

That's exactly what they are?

They get raw castings, relocate the pushrods and use offset rockers to increase the flow on the intake side. Supposedly good for a few extra ponies over the regular edel heads.

Jim

Better do a SEARCH over at www.moparts.org on the

Aerohead (Indy) Edelbrock heads, and/or just post

a question asking for feedback on them.

There's a TON of frank info about them there.

HTH

Hughesengines.com Go there and look at there aluminum eddies, they Support more hp's for around the same price just the pushrods are in factory place.

Thanks for the response. Im looking for stroker heads. Just thought someone might have used them.

Sorry to hi-jsck this thread but I too am interested in these 'Indy' edelbrock heads. I understand the pushrod tube has been relocated and they use offset rockers on the intake side. Do they use the W2 rockers or is it less of an offset than the W2 heads? Are they brand specific and have to use the Indy rockers? Anyone have any 'out of the box' flow numbers for the Indy VS edelbrock heads as a comparo ? That would settle the question for a whole lot of us. Please advise and thanks,
Terry

I think they move it just enough you can use a bigblock rocker arm.

i am running these heads on my solid roller small block, and have a little experience with them. so far, i love 'em. i ordered the kit with the rockers and all already on it, so i have no idea what rocker to use. they allow the stock head based tti's to bolt right up, as well as the victor jr. ion it. the ports on the victor were considerably smaller than the ports in the head, so be forewarned that grinding may be necessary. in my applications, the heads fit and cleared the factory valve covers with no modifications. like i said, so far i have no complaints. have more complaints about the "drop in" solid rollers from comp.

Michael

Thanks for the response. Im looking for stroker heads. Just thought someone might have used them.

Don't know what you mean by "stroker heads",i'm running Edelbrocks out of the box with a "street" port/polish on my 416 so far the performance is incredible...

i have been intrested in these heads for a long time,,just never seem to be in a position to purchase them,,,i have talked with the people at indy,,but thats another story,,the indy /edde heads use a big block mopar off set rocker system,,,they say the geomotry is better then the small block rockers geomotry. the benifit is you can use your current intake and headers,for me the benifit would be being able to use my old school blower intake,no one makes a blower intake for an after market mopar head,and it wouldnt be worht the price for a street car if they did,,,ide be intrested in any ones experience with other heads with the standard mopar bolt patterns

fstfsh66,

From what I have heard, the BB rockers used on the Indybrocks, are from Crane. They have no markings on them but that is what I have heard and what they look like. I am looking at them as I type. As for blower manifolds for aftermarket heads, I approached BDS many years ago about a manifold for my W2s and they said they would make one if I paid for the R&D. Actually, back then, it probably would have cost me about $3200. That was (and still is) a little out of my league.

yes the rockers may be from crane,,but they are of stock big block mopar geomotry,,as for the intake,,,if your still intrested ina blower intake,,dyers machine shop in alsip ill,out side chicago ill,, is the guy that basiclly, started the street blower movement,he was building blower intakes from standard 4BBL intakes, using a plate ,,that is what i have,and origanal dyers blower intake made from an offenhauser 4 bbl intake,, they guy i bought it from has gone as quick as 10; 65 in a all metal duster,340 auto, on pump gas,,i dont race the car,,but you can call gary dyer at dyers machine shop and see if he still builds intakes,,,good people there,,,BDS has no clue,,

-
Back