Indy mod man manifold opinions

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Was just reading my Mopar Action mag, (in the office) and noticed that they now make a mod man Intake for the LA engines, I know the idea is to have a manifold that can change from 1-4bbl, 2-4bbls or 6pac, but looking at the manifold there appears to be no runners, so what do you all think, can these work or make HP like a convential manifold, it would be interesting to see someone do a dyno test. Price on this thing is $500.00 seems pricey, so what do you all think anyone have one??

cant realy say alot about the performance of it but looking at it from the angle that its also a blower manifold for 500$ makes it look like the price is not all that bad :)

I've just bought one and imported it. It was expensive. Each top plate is an additional price to the base ( don`t quote me, but it was something like $500 for the intake and $130 for the top )

I bought it for use with a supercharger as I don`t know of another single plane Mopar LA supercharger inlet ?

It is well made and a quality piece

Would recommend it

Old thread, but anybody have any updated opinions of the mod man, specifically on a stroker engine?

Subscribing, I plan on a lower efi(5.7 new gen) and making a sheet metal box top for my throttle body. Should work with a large turbo setup with very little restriction. I hope anyways.

where can you order one of these, i want to get it sent to australia, i've had no luck with emails to the indy site, pete

From what I've experienced, customer service isn't a priority at Indy. You may have to stay up late and call them. Let them know you have a credit card and would like to place an order, that will get their attention. Good luck mate!

I've got a Modman for my 6-71 blower setup. I had to modify it some to get the dizzy to fit with it. It wasn't a big deal to do but they should tell you about such things before you buy it. All in I would say I have about $850 into mine not including taxes.

Jack

Ivd got newgen hemi jack. I don't know what a distributor is... j/k

I considering at Having a box made for efi on top of the lower to mine so I can keep my stock hood. Not a big hood scoop or cowl fan anymore. Kinda like the flat hood stock look to it. Make people wonder how much monster is lurking underneath.

I've got a Modman for my 6-71 blower setup. I had to modify it some to get the dizzy to fit with it. It wasn't a big deal to do but they should tell you about such things before you buy it. All in I would say I have about $850 into mine not including taxes.

Jack

On my '71 Demon setup I have an old "OFFY" 4bbl manifold welded for a 671 sitting on a R3 sm. block stroked to 440ci on E-85. The manifold works okay but am having A/F distribution issues. First, is a "dizzy" the distributor? What did you have to do to get it to fit?

Thanks for any help as I am looking to cure it with the Modman...no other choices out there (as you already know).

Doug

On my '71 Demon setup I have an old "OFFY" 4bbl manifold welded for a 671 sitting on a R3 sm. block stroked to 440ci on E-85. The manifold works okay but am having A/F distribution issues. First, is a "dizzy" the distributor? What did you have to do to get it to fit?

Thanks for any help as I am looking to cure it with the Modman...no other choices out there (as you already know).

Doug

Hey Doug,

Yes, dizzy = distributor.

As far as the intake it was simple. I took the adapter plate to a machine shop and had them cut it off in the back about 3/8's to 1/2 inch. This gave the distributor the room it needed to clear the intake. You will notice that the intake has a concave cut in it so the dizzy will clear it.
The second problem I had was the mounting position of the blower on the intake/adapter plate. It made it so the dizzy did not clear the blower end plate. There are 2 options here. Move the blower forward or cut some of the end plate down. I did the end plate route. It may not be a problem with other blowers as the end plates are not all the same. Mine has some big ribs on it and that was were the clearance problem was. I ground a little off the ribs with a metal cutting die grinder. All is well now.

Jack

-
Back