indy/rhs headed 408 timeslips(combos)

-
it was approx 11 to 1, the combustion chambers were less 59 cc cause the heads were surfaced. the pistons were 0 deck or close with a 18cc quench. these heads were not ported at all. I bought the heads bare in 2009? when they 1st came out. I had CFO in Lancaster do the head work.

my build is really close to yours ,this gives me an idea of when my tune up is getting close thanks for the info

my build is really close to yours ,this gives me an idea of when my tune up is getting close thanks for the info
All can say is that camshaft might be a killer and work against you. Thats just my opinion.

this is what i have:
74 Duster converted to a earlier year with 6 point bar,all steel body but front bumper, about 3020 to 3100 lbs without driver.

410" 360 with a 4 " Eagle kit
Ross 10.5 quench flat tops
RHS LA 360X heads milled to 58.8 cc with bowl work and guide boss tapering (minor)with GM LS1 valves
Comp cams custom Hyd roller .519 intake .549 exhaust

Hughes 1.5 rockers with factory Mopar banana groove shafts
Victor 340 intake (stock) with a 1" 4 hole spacer
Holley out of the box 950 HP with primary 75 jets with power valve and 81 secondary jets no PV
STOCK stock distributor with MSD 6 AL
Hedman 1 7/8 chassis headers with 3 1/2" collectors with 3" slowmasters cut off to heat rear axles grease.
revese manual 904 with 8" 4500 convertor
8 3/4 with 4.10 spool installed with 8* pinion angle
M/T 275 60 Drag radials

This should sum it up, the car is very very streetable and runs actually too cool in temp.
w2360Duster is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Here's my combo. With the old 340/W2 that was in the car when I bought it, it went a best of 11.97 but usually went 12.20s. Still finishing the new 416 engine so no times yet.

factory 340 block, square decked, 030" over, line honed, ARP studs 416"
BPE 4" crank
Scat I beam rods
King bearings
Diamond 21 cc dish pistons, 1.457 C.H., 10.3:1 compression
Total Seal file-fit moly rings
Kevko pan/pickup
HV oil pump
RHS heads by CNC ported by IMM, 62 cc chambers
2.02 intake valves, stock exhaust ports/valves,
roller cam double springs, locks/retainers
Hughes 1.6 rockers
Comp solid 251/259 @ .050" installed straight up, 2* advance built in
Pro Gear timing chain with tensioner
TTi W2 step headers, full 3" exhaust into stupid 40 series Flowmasters
gasket matched Strip Dominator intake
850 cfm Thermoquad, no choke, may change that
MP mechanical advance distributor, MSD 6, Firecore cap and wires
Autolite plugs
Stock fuel tank, 3/8" line, Clay Smith 6 vane mech. fuel pump
Serp belt
Denso mini alt.

FMVB 904, 6 front clutch discs
Dynamic 9.5" converter, probably around 4,000 rpm stall
aluminum 8 3/4, 4.10 gears
Moser axles
Springs moved in, Caltracs, Split monos, Ranchos
275/60/15 drag radials
stock front end, SBP!
Battery in trunk
full interior
flat steel hood
3,060 lbs. without driver and a full tank of gas, I weigh about 190.

We'll see how she does!

I weigh a little more then you and won't have the low first gear of the 904
I'm worried about the cam myself but it's already bought , I may have to make a few changes later but I will see what it will do after setting it up the best I can
I'll be pretty bummed if it don't run into the tens
I still got a lot of work to do before I even take the 360 out of it. Lol. Gonna spray it first
The 360 may run low elevens or maybe even a high ten. Shouldn't even waste the time but I gotta see.

Here's my combo. With the old 340/W2 that was in the car when I bought it, it went a best of 11.97 but usually went 12.20s. Still finishing the new 416 engine so no times yet.

factory 340 block, square decked, 030" over, line honed, ARP studs 416"
BPE 4" crank
Scat I beam rods
King bearings
Diamond 21 cc dish pistons, 1.457 C.H., 10.3:1 compression
Total Seal file-fit moly rings
Kevko pan/pickup
HV oil pump
RHS heads by CNC ported by IMM, 62 cc chambers
2.02 intake valves, stock exhaust ports/valves,
roller cam double springs, locks/retainers
Hughes 1.6 rockers
Comp solid 251/259 @ .050" installed straight up, 2* advance built in
Pro Gear timing chain with tensioner
TTi W2 step headers, full 3" exhaust into stupid 40 series Flowmasters
gasket matched Strip Dominator intake
850 cfm Thermoquad, no choke, may change that
MP mechanical advance distributor, MSD 6, Firecore cap and wires
Autolite plugs
Stock fuel tank, 3/8" line, Clay Smith 6 vane mech. fuel pump
Serp belt
Denso mini alt.

FMVB 904, 6 front clutch discs
Dynamic 9.5" converter, probably around 4,000 rpm stall
aluminum 8 3/4, 4.10 gears
Moser axles
Springs moved in, Caltracs, Split monos, Ranchos
275/60/15 drag radials
stock front end, SBP!
Battery in trunk
full interior
flat steel hood
3,060 lbs. without driver and a full tank of gas, I weigh about 190.

We'll see how she does!

Still waiting for ya':D:D

I weigh a little more then you and won't have the low first gear of the 904 .

I took a low gear set out of my trans. I had it with the stock stroke 340 which had no torque off the line. I didn't think it was necessary with the stroker, almost redundant.

Also, the gear spread is wider so you loose more rpm between shifts than with a standard gear set.

If I go low 11s I will be putting a roll bar in it so I will have to offset with some more weight loss.

Hit me up when you start her up. That TQ maybe a bit tricky to dial in. There a blast for street strip being so flexible and forgivable, but there not so easy to be giving a dead perfect 02 read out since they lack the tuneabilty of the Holley with all its interchangeable parts.

Do you have a verity of jets, rods and shooters?

Hit me up when you start her up. That TQ maybe a bit tricky to dial in. There a blast for street strip being so flexible and forgivable, but there not so easy to be giving a dead perfect 02 read out since they lack the tuneabilty of the Holley with all its interchangeable parts.

Do you have a verity of jets, rods and shooters?

Thanks. Got a strip kit and 2 other carbs.

I weigh a little more then you and won't have the low first gear of the 904
I'm worried about the cam myself but it's already bought , I may have to make a few changes later but I will see what it will do after setting it up the best I can
I'll be pretty bummed if it don't run into the tens
I still got a lot of work to do before I even take the 360 out of it. Lol. Gonna spray it first
The 360 may run low elevens or maybe even a high ten. Shouldn't even waste the time but I gotta see.

sure enough the 360 ran a 10.91@121 with a 150 shot

I had a 360 in my Demon with a Hughes Engines solid cam and ported stock 915 heads that ran a best of 6.47 @ 105 in the 1/8 on a 100 shot nos (47/53 jets). That is a 10.21 in the 1/4 according to the Wallace racing calculator. It was at least 3450 lbs with me in it. It had stock bench seat with all the interior. But no roll bar.

Attachments

• Demon 2 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 236
Amazing, I built my 416 almost two years ago and still have not run it. Doh!

I put it on the dyno last April though and it made 500 hp and almost 500 ft lbs. of torque over a pretty broad curve. I tend to think it was making a little more than it showed because of the correction factor but who knows. A better intake and a regular volume oil pump would have freed up about 15-20 hp.

I think it will get my car into the low 11s if not the 10s. My car is now lighter than it was before.

It sounds nasty for sure.

I put it on the dyno last April though and it made 500 hp and almost 500 ft lbs. of torque over a pretty broad curve. I tend to think it was making a little more than it showed because of the correction factor but who knows. A better intake and a regular volume oil pump would have freed up about 15-20 hp.

I think it will get my car into the low 11s if not the 10s. My car is now lighter than it was before.

Well get it to the track..we got a date..low 11's huh..good thing I'm building the new stroker:D:D

What, you don't think it will run the number there, Schneidly?

What are you building now?

I'm way behind on everything for mine
Is yours set up for the street
I.e. What convertor gear etc
Let's hear a video.

I'm way behind on everything for mine
Is yours set up for the street
I.e. What convertor gear etc
Let's hear a video.

Street car all the way. All steel, OE flat hood, OE bumpers, mostly full interior. 9.5" converter, 4,000 + stall. 904 with FMVB. 4.10 gears, 28" tire.

I tried to take some videos on the dyno with an old digital camera but I messed up and only managed to get a brief, fuzzy one during the break-in. I'll have to look on the camera later, I don't remember whether I kept what I had. I was pissed off that it didn't work. If I have it, I will post it.

-
Back