indy swap meet

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
for those who don't know/forgot. the swap is now on Friday and Saturday, with move in on Thursday. no early bird like in years past.

What time do doors open Friday? Mask required? Thanks!

did not come up when i talked to deanna on tuesday. usually doors open at 9 am. but crowd starts lining up at doors at 8 am.

I will be in my usual spot next to Casey Snedaker in the front room...

Why Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday?

They told me that they went with FRI because folks weren't making any money on SUN. Last year it was a ghost town after 1200.
I was too stupid to leave earlier, but I didn't make a dime by sticking around until 1500.

Wife and I will be there. Never missed one yet. Can't wait always great to see old friends and make new ones. Tom

well, more of us have to take off of work Friday, than have to do the same to come down Sunday, so I'm not so sure how well that will help. I've been to swaps and car shows often where the last day seems to end earlier than advertised, but that's when I tend to go. I hope they ain't strictly basing their decision on last year's results as they were quite skewed compared to a normal year, when we aren't dealing with a scamdemic. Because of the mask uncertainty, the "how many will be allowed in at a time" uncertainty, "will I have to stand outside, and wait for someone (or ones) to leave"/ before I am allowed in, uncertainty/ I didn't make the trip last year/ and I know of at least a handful of other guys from Illinois that felt the same/ and likewise didn't even go, for fear of "not being worth it" with all the crap that has nothing to do with finding parts for their cars, that was going on..... Have we ever had a year, with that additional "cloud" hanging over us? so maybe Friday will be the new Sunday? The less crowded day, where buyers can really look thru your booth to see all you bring to sell// without feeling like they are being "pushed" by people that come behind them that are there for the same thing? I'm wanting to go this year (especially having missed last year and wishing I could've gone) and wondering which might be the best day? Lets see how this decision works out.

i was there last year and a lot of people has masks on and a lot did not. i do not remember them waiting to let 1 in and 1 out when letting people in. there was a big line as usual at opening time. there seemed to be a lot of big ticket items that went out the door last year. we were there friday nite early bird, saturday until about 3pm. still got some good deals late saturday. ask hemissdart what he thinks. i am disappointed that there is no early bird. might better go this year cause it might be in ohio next year.

In Ohio next year? That would suck. Farther away for me.
Waiting also to see if RhinoDart (dont think he is on this forum) is gonna have his swap like a month after this one. Went last year and 2 years before that. (the in between year the city shut him down, due to this scamdemic, he was defiant and had planned to go ahead as originally planned right up til a week or less before the date he was gonna have it.
He's usually a regular at the ICH meet, front building near the bathrooms and concession.

I whent last year with my daughter on sun got there at 12 it was a ghost town. Everyone was packing up big letdown said I'd never go back. Funny I'm thinking about going back

When I have been there, it's been pretty much wall to wall vendors and buyers.

Hold your horses there, gun bunny. HAHAHAHA. The new ich is now in xenia ohio. Home of wheatcraft concrete. If you call the ich number now it is answered in ohio. The swapmeet may stay in indy as it is centrally located for the most part. But you never know. I will make it a point to ask Chris or Charlie or Deanna when I see then at the swapmeet.

I talked with Chris thursday afternoon the show is staying in Indy. Indy cylinder is moved to ohio

-
Back