Inland Shifter

-

KW-Duster

Reaction score
I have what appears to be an Inland 3-speed shifter. Came with early 70's duster parts that I acquired. Disassembled to clean up. I took a few pictures but obviously not enough and I have a few questions.

-Is there a rebuild kit for lockout spring and shims available? (this shifter I believe is a A230 handle mounts on the top with three bolts)

-Does anyone have a diagram on how to reassemble? (Should have taken more pictures)

-Should I media blast housing and linkages or just soak to get rust off?

-Once it is cleaned up should I paint (except where linkages slide together) or coat in something to prevent rust from happening?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Sounds just like one I have that came bolted to an A230. All I did was clean the hell out of it and lubricate it. It's in excellent condition. I've never seen any parts or literature on them though. Nuthin.

Sounds just like one I have that came bolted to an A230. All I did was clean the hell out of it and lubricate it. It's in excellent condition. I've never seen any parts or literature on them though. Nuthin.

Thanks RustyRatRod did you wire brush or media blast arms. I know that the tolerances are real close and did not want to damage metal on arms. By the way I have seen you advertise items for sale and believe you are the closest person to me that I have run across in the for sale section. I am just beginning to build a daily driver 71 duster.

Are you sure it is a 3 speed? Any pictures/numbers?

66fs could not see any part numbers maybe once cleaned up a bit. When I took apart it only had two arms and has a ball on handle that is a three speed ball. Will try and get some pictures.

Thanks RustyRatRod did you wire brush or media blast arms. I know that the tolerances are real close and did not want to damage metal on arms. By the way I have seen you advertise items for sale and believe you are the closest person to me that I have run across in the for sale section. I am just beginning to build a daily driver 71 duster.
Neither. I soaked the whole ball of wax in Purple stuff, rinsed it off, soaked it in vinegar to remove the surface rust, rinsed it off again blew it off with compressed air and then SOAKED it down with Fluid Film. When and if I go to use it, I'll shoot some front end grease in it and put it to work.

Neither. I soaked the whole ball of wax in Purple stuff, rinsed it off, soaked it in vinegar to remove the surface rust, rinsed it off again blew it off with compressed air and then SOAKED it down with Fluid Film. When and if I go to use it, I'll shoot some front end grease in it and put it to work.

Good deal, thanks.

-
Back