Input please

-
I apologize if I just misread... But do you have the jets in the secondaries now? If so, what are they? If you get mph going up to 72s on the primary, go up 2-4 sizes on the secondary side and see what it does. What spring is in the secondaries?

Hi Moper,

My carb only has the front metering block with jets I changed them from 70's to 72's & picked up 1.02 mph.

I am looking at getting a 750DP Barry Grant Demon carb just got to make up my mind weather to get a square bore or spread bore.

if you can find out how much they shaved off you heads and block and stick the amount they took of under the rocker shalf to get you rocker rasheo back its easey to do and a lot of people over look it alls you need is some shimms if you have what this will doo is give your cam the lift its supposto sorry guy about the spelling which in turn will give you more compession . hope this help i hade it happen to me and i play with a lot of them robert

Hi Robert,

I will be doing some measuring this week while I have the inlet off. The guy who done my heads set up the valves at the correct height so I din't think it is a problem but is worth while checking thanks.

MoParing along nicely Graham.

G'day Oz,:-D I think a 904 swaps a good one to.
And yep a bit better converter will be a good thing while ya doin it.
Dominello are your closest I think then The Converter Shop or
Dominator and TCE are both in melbourne, shop around tho, converters are dear!
You could also get a shelf TCI or Coan from mancini, just price it up mate.
If your still running the Bog Warmer diff, you could just find an 80's pintara and get the 411 gears out of it?
But the pinion is longer in the 82 and up housings so dont install the collapsible spacer, just shim it.
Sounds like ya on the rite track tho, good luck.

Sorry tim only replied to 1/2 your post.

I am running a Skyline diff now out of a Nissan Skyline Siloette it was only 10mm wider then the original diff so the old wagon has got 4 wheel discs & the ratio is 3:89 to 1 all I had to do was cut off all the nissan mounting brakets weld on new spring saddles swap the tail shaft flange with a Valiant 1 & put it in still used the original tail shaft & as for the hand brake I had to have the middle cable shortened by 100mm & everything hooked up a real easy swap.

Oz, the rear only has a plate that equals 72s... If it picked up, it's lean back there too. I might have a spare plate to make it "jet-able" if you're interested. If you're looking at BG, go smaller. the 750 you have is equal to the BG 650. I'd stay smaller on the carb but jet it right and no DP.

AN R31 SKYLINE HOUSING?? That is exactly what I put in my AP back in 03!! great minds think alike!!
Only downside is 411 is as deep as you can go with a BW housing.
Im not shore id change the carb if I were you, have you looked at plug color?
My best mates pink R/T mock has a 360 I tuned, the 750vac on that thing liked #76 at this time of year.
We ended up putting an eddi 750 on it.
I like the eddi carbs for mild preformance, I cant say how they perform at the track tho.

Most guys pick up only a .15 to .20 with a switch to a 904 with a stall that was equal to what they had in a 727. I would get a 9.5" dynamic converter that stalls around 4400rpm or an equivalent. the 727 is heavier and uses more power to turn but is also much stronger, the majority of fast mopars running at the strip are using 727's.

my setup is very close to yours, i have run 12.22, i think with the intake and a 750 dp with a converter for your 727 you should see a 12 flat time with tuning

Oz, the rear only has a plate that equals 72s... If it picked up, it's lean back there too. I might have a spare plate to make it "jet-able" if you're interested. If you're looking at BG, go smaller. the 750 you have is equal to the BG 650. I'd stay smaller on the carb but jet it right and no DP.

Thanks for the info I will get a secondary metering block once I get my new intake on & get the car on the rollers to have it tuned before heading back to the track to fine tune it.

Cheers Graham

Most guys pick up only a .15 to .20 with a switch to a 904 with a stall that was equal to what they had in a 727. I would get a 9.5" dynamic converter that stalls around 4400rpm or an equivalent. the 727 is heavier and uses more power to turn but is also much stronger, the majority of fast mopars running at the strip are using 727's.

my setup is very close to yours, i have run 12.22, i think with the intake and a 750 dp with a converter for your 727 you should see a 12 flat time with tuning

I have found a good transmission shop finally I will be talking to them today will let you know the out come thanks for the info.

Cheers Graham

AN R31 SKYLINE HOUSING?? That is exactly what I put in my AP back in 03!! great minds think alike!!
Only downside is 411 is as deep as you can go with a BW housing.
Im not shore id change the carb if I were you, have you looked at plug color?
My best mates pink R/T mock has a 360 I tuned, the 750vac on that thing liked #76 at this time of year.
We ended up putting an eddi 750 on it.
I like the eddi carbs for mild preformance, I cant say how they perform at the track tho.

Hi Tim

I don't think 4.11's would make much difference over the 3:89 rear I have we are going through the traps at 6000rpm @ 105 mph now if I go up in ratio I will then have to get a new cam to chase some more rpm.

The bottom end is still standard so I don't want to put to much presure on it with bigger revs. Down the track I 'll eventually put a stroker kit in then we'll see some action.

For now I will stay with the vac secondary & add a secondary metering block to the carb for better tuning.

Stay tuned for the resualts

Gra

Cool man, I guess ya rite a bit more tuning and some tricks in the holley.
The performer only has 318 runner size,
so the motor may rpm a little better with the bigger intake.
And try some diferent launch/shift RPM cos 105mph says 12.50 to me 8)

Cool man, I guess ya rite a bit more tuning and some tricks in the holley.
The performer only has 318 runner size,
so the motor may rpm a little better with the bigger intake.
And try some diferent launch/shift RPM cos 105mph says 12.50 to me 8)

Mate after last Wednesday nights effort I will expect the car to run 12.8 as is with the right conditions but it was way to cold. So next time we will have the new inlet (it is being match ported as we speak so to say) new 90/10 front shocks & the carb will be sorted with a secondary metering block.

We will be running it like that till we either blow it up or have had enough of the pace & want to move up.

A lot of people are amazed that we drive 2 hour to & from the track then race it & drive home & both myself & my better half drive so it is clocking up some miles.

Keep an eye on the Nostalgia drags Nitro mag we will be running in November everything should be sorted & at full tilt.

Niceone mate! what 90/10's did u get?
Driving to the track must be a mopar thing!
Theres a bloke in ballarat, who tows a small trailer full of tools n parts to the track!
Runs 9sec all night then puts the trailer back on n trundles on home :cheers: so cool!

Niceone mate! what 90/10's did u get?
Driving to the track must be a mopar thing!
Theres a bloke in ballarat, who tows a small trailer full of tools n parts to the track!
Runs 9sec all night then puts the trailer back on n trundles on home :cheers: so cool!

Tim there Compitition Engineering shocks there adjustable with 3 settings.

I always say to people that a car was meant to be driven weather it is for show or race if you don't drive it how can you enjoy it.

You know something funnier when my wife is racing & beats a guy his mates give it to him when they realise he just got beaten by a girl.

Cheers Gra

Hi Moper,

My carb only has the front metering block with jets I changed them from 70's to 72's & picked up 1.02 mph.

I am looking at getting a 750DP Barry Grant Demon carb just got to make up my mind weather to get a square bore or spread bore.

I would go with a square bore carb. A BG 750 flows very little more than a holley 750 with the choke removed. So buy the BG 750 you wont regret it. As far as a 750 Vacuum carb, well they are great on a heavy car with a tight converter and highway gear. On a car that is set up right a DP will kick its *** every time. As far as being told a DP will only pick up a tenth, well that may be true in some situations I picked up .3 when I made the switch. Now you have been told its worth .3. When I dyno vacuum carb motors, I have walked into the dyno room at full throttle and walked over to the motor and opened the secondaries by hand since the vacuum pod doesn't open the secondaries all the way. Worth quite a bit of HP in some cases. By the way I have 3 cars with 3310 Holley 750 vacuum secondaries. In a drag car, or hot street car a DP is warranted.

instead off changeing trannys why dont you buy the billet drumm and lighten up the 727 look to tci i know they make the stuff your looking for have fun robert,s

-
Back