Inside Hood Release

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of hood release cable mounted in car? When I got my car it was not mounted. I'm pretty sure I have all the hardware needed but a pic would be nice. Thanks

I will post a pic tomorrow of the latch and the bracket that holds the cable under the hood. I think I have what is needed to mount under dash but would love a close up pick to use as a reference.

Hers's ny pics of cable and latch

Attachments

• IMG_2129[1].jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2131[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2132[1].jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 237
It almost looks like the retainer strap should go between the two plastic humps on the cable.....

Where does it go thru the firewall ?
I don't own the car anymore but from what I remember the cable came through the firewall in the left corner (DS) just above where the firewall and inner fender meet

My car came with a inside hood release (in a box) but i can't seem to find where it goes thru the firewall. No unaccounted for holes.

I am in the same boat. I just went outside hood release until I can figure it out. Hopefully someone has a pic of where the cable goes through the firewall and exact location of the handle inside.

Cley

Here is a picture of a friends Duster that has the hood release location. Lower left bottom of dash.
hood release.jpg

guys check this video out, this will show you where the hood release is located in the firewall at around 8:15 minutes.

I think I see where it comes thru in the corner. If thats the spot, the guy that I got my car from must have fill the hole or car didn't come with one and he was going to add it.

I think I see where it comes thru in the corner. If thats the spot, the guy that I got my car from must have fill the hole or car didn't come with one and he was going to add it.

YEP, that is the spot.

Does the cable kit have a grommet for the firewall? The size of the plastic on the latch end of the cable will dictate the hole size....

I thinks there should be a dimple in the firewall where the cable goes through, just drill it out to get the size needed.

Last edited:
-
Back