Installing a new stereo in the dash...help please..

-
Yeah the kicker option is the iPod control with the amplifier. Kicker doesn't make head units. I install a lot of the JVC arsenal units right now. The kids like them. They tune well and they have all the features your kids are looking for. Check out one of those. Clarion makes some good head units as well but they haven't done so well for me on tuning radio stations. If I could get Alpine that would be a good seller for me but the buy in is o around $10,000 per year. I'm a little small time for that kind of investment.

Check out the JVC's that I spoke of.

Since my 68 Dart is radio delete, I just bought a small plastic enclosure on ebay for arounf $13. I have to make some brackets to bolt it to, but it saves me from cutting my dash. I will try to get a pic or a link.

I always find it funny that people get all upset about cutting a hole for a stereo . But cutting out the whole dash for an aftermarket dash is cool . If your car is not a classic, collectors car,Cut away!

I agree X10.

What are you saving your dash for? The next owner? Unless your car is a 100 point judged car, I see no value in having the original radio in place. I think a nice modern in-dash car stereo looks and sounds way cooler than having a 40+ year old AM radio in the dash.

Like I said earlier, my dash was already cut when I bought it, so the decision was easy for me. I can't see someone correcting their dash that a previous owner had cut so that they could stick an old radio back into it. Not tryin' to argue, just to understand?!?

I'm in the process of redoing my dash completely. I filled in the original heater control opening, am going to move the original radio opening over and cut it to accept a single DIN, and then cut out for the Vintage Air controls. I have never passed up buying a car due to the dash being cut. If everything on the vehicle is original then you might have a issue when you go to sell it with a modified dash.

Attachments

• Dash 5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Dash 9.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Dash 10.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 143
-
Back