installing harmonic damper

-
Buy a Lisle brand puller. Pretty generic at a parts store in the red and white blister pack cards. The thread pitch of the jack screw is the same as the Mopar crank bolt! Remove the little foot at the end and thread into crank snout. Get yourself a nut with the same thread pitch (maybe 3/4-24?) Slide damper over jackscrew and align keyway. Now run washer and nut onto jackscrew and start tightening. You hold jackscrew with 1/2 box end wrench and tighten large nut with whatever you got that big. Itll glide right on, set torque with real crank bolt and socket. I stick a deep well socket in a crank balance hole and turn so it hits the pan rail. I think my cheap *** HF puller is the same too. Take crank bolt with you to compare. Oh yeah, if its in the car and pan is still on, you can run 2 bolts into your balancer and use a long tool to run through them and block crankshaft rotation against something like frame rail..

When using a installer you don't generally need to hold the crank as your not rotating the crank bolt. Your rotating a nut on the crank bolt and it's that nut that pulls the balancer on.

-
Back