Installing hydro boost with motor plate

-

Arco440

Reaction score
I wanted better breaking so i started with changing from drum to disc.But i wanted more than just 4 wheel Manuel disc.So started my quest to add Hydro Boost.My challenge was to do it while keeping my six grove serpentine march pulley set up.i thought about many ways and this is what i have come up with so far.It still need the rest of the mounting and support since there is way to much movement right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20111220_173704.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20111220_173730.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20111220_173803.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 285
NICE MAN! Any new pictures of the Car in the Sunlight? How close are you to being ready to take it for a drive?

i want to get this done and still waiting on my windshield install. And my schedule and weather leads me to this.lol

That's adifferent March setup than the one I did... Which was (2) flat belts... The car had power steering so there was only the fitting to modify and the lines to run. It may feel a little odd at first, but it is a great system once you get used to it. Not sure what you have for brakes, but with 13" front and 12" rear Baer street discs, hydro boost, and pro touring wheels and tires you could feel the blood rush into your cheeks when you brake hard.

you could feel the blood rush into your cheeks when you brake hard.

LMAO, great description.

I have seen Hydro boost's on MoPars before, rarely though. Nice job. What did you do for fittings? How did it all go together on the wall?

You can use the power steering pump for both the power steering and hydro. You need to increase the return to 1/2" on the resevoir. If you keep the 3/8 return the brakes will apply when vehicle is started. Pressure hose to Hydro, from hydro to steering box, 3/8 return from hydro, 3/8 return from box to cooler to to T with 1/2" return to Res. I tried a 3 way 3/8 T and it applied the brakes. You need to increase line size after T. All newer Diesel trucks are done the same way. This truck came with vacuum booster I ran one pump for steering and brakes. Worked perfect.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 4.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 262
And it's BANKS powered tooooo, shweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Rumble fish love it.

OK some fresh pics not done yet but i have the final set up and the right belt.Still need to finish the support mount on the right side,and the bolt and spacer set up on the left.
I will take pics of parts used and explain what i did super easy.

Attachments

• IMG_20111223_195538.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20111223_195552.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 204
Hey oldman mopar i have done several hydro boost steering set ups and even one with a 1-3/4 8" stroke ram.But in my case i run a manual steering box fast ratio from firm feel.Medium fast i think.

Very nice, Ive never had/learned the skills need to do something like this. Lots of respect for "fabbers"! Oh ya do tell about yer brakes??? LOL

ok some more pics.What i did was use the master cylinder adapter which had a hole just a hair smaller than the back of the hydro boost.i removed the large nut and the safety ring.This allows me to remove factory bracket.Than i grind away just a bit once i had a snug fit I re-installed the nut but can not re-install the snap ring.I will be using a key way to keep it centered and lock tite to keep it from having the loose nut down the road.In my car there only one loose nut and it sits behind the wheel.

You will see from the pics i had to turn it up side down which move all the hoses to the bottom.This will work out well as it keeps the down and tight to the inner fender well.

Attachments

• IMG_20111227_164803.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20111220_173815.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 182
OK i managed to get some work done.I was able to find most of what i needed and made or modified some others.now i need to bleed brakes and test ride :blob:

Attachments

• IMG_20120114_160924.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20120114_160933.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20120114_160945.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20120114_161034.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 150
Cool. One note tho... I was always told to make the master cylinder the highest point. Your adjustable prop valve and that other switch (what is that?) are a bit higher which means complete bleeding may be difficult or impossible.

Ok i had to install a new master cylinder as the one in the pics was for a different set up.But either way the brakes are now bleed and man it feels nice to just tap brake pedal to stop.I know i still have some brackets to make and install the e brake valve and of course some road testing but all the signs are looking real good.Will keep this post updated with future progress.

-
Back