Installing SS springs

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I was looking at another topic and i want to know what bushings i need when i install my New SS springs, that includes the front eyes and other bushings that have to deal with putting it back together. What do you think of the solid metal front eyes?

You will need to get new front mounts with 5/8" hole or drill yours out. Stock springs use an 1/2" bolt. On the back get either rubber of poly bushings for the new rear shackles you will purchase with the springs. I like to put everything new in I can. Your old shackles can be reused if you want. Do not use metal bushings unless your car is competion only. They are to rough on a street car. My findings and opinon's. Jeff

so can i use the same bolt off the front? or where can i get one?

I'm doing the SS swap on my Demon soon as well. I bought all new rear spring shackle bushings for the job but am wondering what the bolt diameters are so I can pick 4 new bolts up prior to installation day. The I.D. of the new bushings is 1/2" but the bolts on the car appear to be smaller than that, say 5/16s or so. I'm guessing there's a metal spacer that slides inside of the rubber bushings? Can I reuse that? Could I just upsize to a 1/2" bolt by drilling out the shackles? Any info is appreciated!

I picked up new bushings (front) at napa for 6 bucks a box.

summit has them for 12 both sides i believe and rockauto has them for 9.99 so they will match the price

ok I installed them today, but i have a few problems.....
The rear seems way to close to the front. My new tires will not go on at all because they hit the front. It also seems like the bolt on the bottom of the springs are hitting the shock plate and its kinda loped sided so its not touching the spring all the way... please help

ps I cant tighten the U bolts anymore becasue there too long

my dad says my rear looks cockeyes or off set i need to get my rear back more

noooo there on right becasue the hole that i drilled in the bracket is in the front maybe the shock plates arent on right becasue there not flush with the springs

fixed it..... rear was in the wrong spot... but now my tires are hitting my springs i think i have to move the U bolts in a littl more

-
Back