instrument cluster help

-

anarchy0392

Reaction score
Im looking for the bulb holders for a 73 dart anyone know of a car at the pull it yard I can grab them from as $4 a piece its way to much.

The old ones are going to be weak and brittle...

Which is why id like to know id any cars from 90-05 might have the same size. I know pertty much anything 00 and up wont. But maybe a jeep, 1500, or van might have some that I could get from a you pull lot.

I need one for every hole I forgot the number but all and I do mean all of the stock ones are gone.

Any part store should have a few hanging on the HELP line,
or
NAPA part # 787140

here are new ones on ebay

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-194-Bulb-Sockets-For-5-8-Hole-A-B-C-E-Body-5-Pack-5-/131102335967?vxp=mtr"]Mopar 5 8 Dash Bulb Sockets for 194 Bulbs Chrysler Dodge Plymouth 5 Pack 5 | eBay[/ame]

I know I can get them new but I need all new ones and for a cheap piece of plastic im not spending $4 * 12 that would be $50 for all new ones that ridiculous. I just need to know if theres a other cars from the 90's that would have them so I could get all the ones I need fot about $2.

That ebay one os better priced if I cant find ones used I guess ill have to get 3 sets of them. Thank you

Most A-body panels require 8 lamps, rally or standard panels. Your standard panel is easier to service than others. The 9th / seatbelt warning lamp is a different type.
2 tiny ears hold these sockets in place. When one of those ears breaks off one of 2 things happens. The bulb flickers with vibration or the entire thing falls to the floor.
If you're going to a parts yard hunting some, take a sample with you. There are 3 different sizes out there that all look very much alike.

I know the size I have some of the broken ones and I lnow about size difference the ones in my focus ar smaller and I replaced the bulbs with leds in that and the they are like a buck a piece. But someone on here is selling me a set cheap.

$50 for all new ones .

Have you tried cleaning / bending the spring tabs on the old ones?

Also, the PC board itself gets oxidized and corroded IT needs to be cleaned

About that 50 bucks. Just how much time and gas can you save, wandering around to 2 or three yards, killing an afternoon or a day or two?

No cleaning them wont help when half are mossing anf the other half are broke and I would be wasting gas or time at thrle pill it yard I go there once a week and its down the street from me

The ones on ebay are pretty cheap price, not sure why you think it going to be that much....?
Or just dont drive at night,,,,,lol

12x Plymouth 194 Instrument Panel Cluster Lightbulb Lamp Dash Sockets Plug NOS for $9.35

-
Back