Instrument Panel Prototype

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics of a custom made instrument panel that i drew up on an autocad program and was cut by our shops new laser. Got a few tweaks to work with but it is really close. The holes line up just about perfect. Once i get it, i can measure and draw in the holes to be cut out for new gauges. We weighed it up against the factory one with the gauges in it, and as is right now, it is 4 oz lighter that the factory one.

Attachments

• 0221111830.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 0221111831.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,040
Very nice!!! Once you get all the kinks worked out are you going to produce more to sale?

Once you get the program refined you could knock out a few to sell maybe? They look nice.

If I would decide to build a "custom" dash, something like that would interest me a lot. I don't have the metalworking skills -- and now arthritis-- to build such a starting point.

While I can do some fabrication, hole cutting, etc, the actual fab work of that blank is for me, insurmountable

In other words GOOD JOB

I'm sure you could sell several of those including one to me.. Nice work. Be sure to post pictures with the gauges in it.

That would be a really popular part if you decide to make them and sell 'em.You could probably set them up with several different options for gauge holes and switches,etc for guys customizing their cars.

I'd buy one. Ever since Rocky Mountain Dash's went out of business there isn't anyone making a metal dash insert. So you have a great market for yours if the quality is there.

sign me up as long as it is not priced so much that I have to put a lean on my first born, not saying I want it at cost (ok I do but I am a realist too and know you need to make a profit)

Still working on figuring out the bugs. But on the positive side, I am getting some good notes on it. Will post more pics later, when get another one put together.

Here is a pic of the latest mods, in place in my buddies duster. It has some gauges in it that he had in the car. Didnt have a speedo but the hole is the right size for one. I got the pattern down great, just working on hole placement now. Never mind the discoloring from the welds, our welder was already gone and my tig ability is a little rusty lol. Thought you guys would like to see some progress pics. Once i get one that i am happy with for my car, i will get it painted with the gauges in it and share that one too.

Attachments

• 2011-02-26_19-28-17_498.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 782
Add Me to the list of people who would be interested in buying one if the price was reasonable enough.I would also prefer it in aluminum to make drilling the holes for the guages that much easier but I'd take one in steel.

Finally got mine finished! Been a long time coming.

Attachments

• 2011-11-24_16-59-01_106.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 647
looks great!!

so the real question..is this a one time deal, or could you make more of them? :D:D:D:D

-
Back