Insurance on Your Collector Car

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
I was wondering what different insurance companies you guys are using to insure your cars? I was looking at Hagerty's but I have two claims on my regular insurance in the last five years (both about three years ago) and they don't want to insure me with that on my record.

I use American Collectors. Never had a claim but I am happy with the communication .

that's too bad Hagerty wont insure you, I have them and I was happy, it is cheap enough but I never had a claim and my car is insured for the minimum because its not really that nice.

Continental Western Group ... I can't believe how affordable the collector car policy is on my '67 Cuda. I guess collector guys are more careful with their rides than other shmoes.

American car collectors insurance, full coverage with the ability to drive anytime anywhere except for work for $110 a year on 6K coverage on my modified Dodge Magnum.
I must have a garage to park it in and lock it up.

In Canada, it is Silver Wheels that is the cats meow....their rates actually do down if you don't have a claim...

hagerty and silver wheels are the same....doesn't make sense about the previous claims. My wife works for an insurance company and I initially set up my insurance with our local insurance company and then each year my renewals are done directly through silver wheels

try your reg. insurance co. to insure through hagerty silver wheels instead of Gary Steeves first himself

I have Infinity on mine. Never had a claim so I can't attest to how good they are but the price /$coverage was better than the more known brands. I pay like $175/year for $25K coverage.
The cost for collector car insurance compared to regular insurance is fantastic. I looked into using it for a new Challenger that would be kept and driven like an old classic but my state (NC) will not allow it's use on anything less than 30 years old.

hagerty and silver wheels are the same....doesn't make sense about the previous claims. My wife works for an insurance company and I initially set up my insurance with our local insurance company and then each year my renewals are done directly through silver wheels

try your reg. insurance co. to insure through hagerty silver wheels instead of Gary Steeves first himself

I went through Gary. I am not sure about you, but every year I didn't have a claim, my rates went down...I appreciated that....put my RV through him as well. the Kids go through Wawanessa because they are the cheapest by far..

Cannot put the Duster through them...the owners are still too young.

Talked to my agent with Nationwide today, and they will underwrite a policy for me once I get an appraisal of my car. Probably should have just checked with them in the first place. The guy with Hagerty was such an @$$hole about it, I am not sure I would ever consider them again.

Grundy 209 a year 25,000.plus 50,000 property damage and 300,000 injury per acident

Talked to my agent with Nationwide today, and they will underwrite a policy for me once I get an appraisal of my car. Probably should have just checked with them in the first place. The guy with Hagerty was such an @$$hole about it, I am not sure I would ever consider them again.

Well, you can carry any kind of insurance on your car that you choose. The difference is if something happens how you will be paid. Your Nationwide rep probably isn't going to insure to "agreed" value, so if something happens to it you're on the short end of the stick.

You want agreed value, NOT stated value.

Grundy for me as well, I have Victoria covered for $7.000.00 cost $104.00 a year
They have an office here in town and many of my friends have the same insurance, Yes I will raise it to $10.000 next year most likely

Continental Western Group ... I can't believe how affordable the collector car policy is on my '67 Cuda. I guess collector guys are more careful with their rides than other shmoes.

Thanks for the mention Bob! I lead the collector car insurance team at Continental Western (CWG) and we always appreciate it when our great customers tell others about us. Thanks for letting us serve you! www.cwgcollectorcar.com if you anyone wants more information.

I've been with Nationwide for a few decades on both auto and home but they couldn't come close to collector car rates when i checked. In fact they were the ones that got me set up with Infinity. Most collector car insurance companies do not require any appraisal. Its simply agreed upon coverage. You say what you want your car insured for and they give you the corresponding rate (assuming no lien).

Heacock charges me about $200 annually w/o a mileage restriction on my 1971 Dodge Dart GT.

No mileage restriction on me ether, I document most everywhere I go :D even like this morning going to enjoy breakfast with a couple of hot rod friends at Big Al's this morning :glasses7:

My concern is if Hagerty would not insure me because of the two previous claims (which happen to have been on my Nationwide insurance three years ago), what is the likelihood that any other collectors car insurance would have the same response. If I can carry Nationwide in the short term and then switch to something better in the not too distant future, I am willing to do that.

I've been with Nationwide for a few decades on both auto and home but they couldn't come close to collector car rates when i checked. In fact they were the ones that got me set up with Infinity. Most collector car insurance companies do not require any appraisal. Its simply agreed upon coverage. You say what you want your car insured for and they give you the corresponding rate (assuming no lien).

-
Back