Insurance recommendations

-
I think the current insurance business model is to get new customers with low rates, and then creep up the prices. In a few years, the price is much higher than when you started. If you don't notice and just pay, they're happy. Liberty Mutual did that to me with no claims on my record.
Where I live, it appears that auto insurance is very profitable, whereas homeowners not so much. Everybody wants to sell me cheap auto, but when I ask about homeowners, they dummy up.
I went back to USAA, but you need to be a member. Their rates aren't the lowest, but the service has always been terrific.
My daughter uses an independent agent who represents several companies, and gets great rates, with Met Life right now, I think. Maybe try that route.
One question I always assumed USAA was only for military members only.

Military, military veterans, spouses and family members can apply
That's right. My daughter is a member through my service, but doesn't use their insurance. They offer most banking services also. I think she had her first mortgage with them.

I've been a member since 1993. I had insurance with them before but the past 10 years their rates have been high compared to others. I also tried to use them for a mortgage and Navy Federal credit union beat them on rates.

They do have the best customer service though!!

I've been a member since 1993. I had insurance with them before but the past 10 years their rates have been high compared to others. I also tried to use them for a mortgage and Navy Federal credit union beat them on rates.

They do have the best customer service though!!
This is my third time with their insurance since 1978. I never tried them for a mortgage. When I shopped last year, I was surprised to see how competitive USAA was for my requirements. Not the cheapest, but close enough to be a good value when all policy prices considered.
Shortly after we switched, my wife had her first at-fault accident after more than 40 years of driving. $4000 repair on her car. Maybe very little on the other one. They didn't raise the premium.
The only thing I wasn't happy about was in order to have a liability umbrella policy, they made me switch from Hagerty to US Collectors. But they take my liability limits considerably higher. And no complaints about American Collectors.

Ran out of time to look any further. Went with State Farm. Home and auto, with a little better coverage, saved me almost $900 a year.

i hope didnt get stated value

Went through that back in ‘89 when my ‘69 Vette was totaled. Tried to low ball me. I told them I would not accept the offered sum, but I would accept a comparable car. After looking for two weeks, they wrote me a check for the figure I asked. By the way, I wasn’t trying to get to them. All I asked is what I had paid for the car. I was offered a profit on it several times.

Whom ever you get insurance through, go extra on hospitality, inexpensive, and you ever know.

Saveins.jpg

-
Back