Insurance Settlement News: Deer vs. '66 Barracuda

-

66moparrerun

Reaction score
MOPAR Fans: I am very pleased to report that today I was notified by a Hagerty Insurance adjuster that they were approving the settlement of my claim on the basis of the $1,087.35 higher estimate prepared by my body shop instead of the $2,317.81 preliminary estimate that was prepared by their contractually employed appraisers. The adjuster had reportedly not received any communication from the appraisers for over 7 days after they received the higher damage estimate. Consequently, acting today on a telephone request from me to expedite a reconciliation of the disparate damage estimates the adjuster conducted a desk review of the estimates . He reported that he found the estimate prepared by my body shop to be comprehensive, reasonable and appropriate, so they would immediately prepare a 2nd check for an additional $1,087.35. I can now proceed with the location and acquisition of the necessary replacement parts. I guess impatience and perseverance pays off again.

I have already located a hood in good condition that I plan to purchase from Cosgig. I have purchased 1966 Barracuda parts from him twice before and he is very reasonable and reliable. However, I am still trying to locate the 2 left side grill parts. Namely, the chrome egg crate grill and the chrome surround with or without the headlight bezel. (See attached photo) I am looking for the highest quality parts I can locate and I would also consider buying the right side grill parts.

Please send me a PM and I will respond with an email address so that you can more easily send photos to me with a price quote for parts shipped to Oakwood, IL. Thanks for your interest. Steve

Attachments

• rsz_100_0066(2).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 257
Great news....!!!!!!!! Decent ins company.....will have to ck them out :glasses7:

Rickster

Good news, if you cannot find parts that are the same quality of the damaged parts, the insurance company is still on the hook until the repair is complete.
I.E. re-submital on original claim.
Just giving you a heads up.

Steve, I'm going to look through the swap meet at the Nats and see if I can come up with a nice drivers side grille for you. It's a longshot, but I found an NOS one years ago for $100.00 in the swap area, so it's not out of the question. I'll keep your number handy in case I find one for some real time updates!!! Geof

Hope you jumped out and kicked that deer's *ss for doing that to your car.

Thats awesome! I've often wondered how it will work with my Dart when it's done. I imagine it will need classic car status.

Steve, I'm going to look through the swap meet at the Nats and see if I can come up with a nice drivers side grille for you. It's a longshot, but I found an NOS one years ago for $100.00 in the swap area, so it's not out of the question. I'll keep your number handy in case I find one for some real time updates!!! Geof

Geof, That will be great since I can't go to the Nats this year. I'm hoping to have the car repaired well before Monster Mopar Weekend in Indy Sept. 24-26. Check your email and let me know when it would be convenient for me to come up to buy the hood from you. I have your phone number and I assumed that you called the last time from a cell over your lunch hour. Call me anytime. I always have my cell available. Steve

Good news, if you cannot find parts that are the same quality of the damaged parts, the insurance company is still on the hook until the repair is complete.
I.E. re-submital on original claim.
Just giving you a heads up.

Thanks for the info. The adjuster and I discussed that issue today because i believe that it is very likely that any grill pieces I find will have to be refinished/chromed. Steve

-
Back