Intake and Exhaust Manifold Cost

-

jalake

Reaction score
My Dart is missing one of the exhaust manifold studs. As my mechanic was inspecting it to repair, he noticed that my exhaust manifold has a crack in it. (I guess that explains the exhaust leak)

He told me to look for an intake and exhaust manifold pair, if possible. The questions:

1. How much should I be paying for these parts? Ebay isn't always the best gauge if you don't really know what you're looking for.

2. Since I just spent all my coin doing brake and suspension rebuilt, anybody have an intake and exhaust manifold they want to part with on the cheap?

Anyways, if you could let me know what I should be looking to pay, that would be very helpful.

i have an exhaust manifold and intake layin around but your probably better off finding one local as they are so heavy.

I might have to hit you up if I can't find anything closer to home. Heck, my wife has been wanting to visit some friends near Phoenix.

As big as the San Diego area is, I would think finding one "down there" should be fairly easy. Been a LONG time since I was down there. NAS Miramar, 70-74

I hope so. I'm going to reach out to my local Mopar club and see if anybody has something available.

I've got a 1 barrel intake that's painted red you can have - just pay the shipping from 22657.

There are a handful of junkyards here in sd. Generally a few slants sitting around. They also have half price sales every so often. A little elbow grease and you could get it pretty cheap.

There are massive salvage yards around the southern san diego / mexico boarder.

Most the time you can call and see if they have a V8 A body. Also Pick N Pull is online with inventory.

There are massive salvage yards around the southern san diego / mexico boarder.

Most the time you can call and see if they have a V8 A body. Also Pick N Pull is online with inventory.

Do you happen to have a URL for the Pick N Pull with inventory? I was looking but didn't seem to find what I wanted. I'm not familiar w/ the salvage yards around here at all.

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Chula_Vista-264/

What do you know - half price sale coming up in a couple weeks.

I'd use their inventory listing as a guide only. Sometimes you just have to go down there, walk around and see what's there. They will have things roughly organized by make.

There is also an Ecology about 10 minutes from the Pick Your Part yard near the air field. They've always had at least one A body every time I've been there.

PickNPull has an on-line inventory list, but they don't detail the engine. Don't limit to A-bodies. I think the Aspen/Volare slant manifolds are the same, maybe even vans and trucks. If lucky, you might score the desirable 2 bbl intake, especially if aluminum. I am sure somebody would give you a 1 bbl intake free. Exhaust manifolds command a slight price since they crack, but don't pay the >$80 you see on ebay. Many give away an entire slant engine w/ tranny since they can't sell them. For sure don't buy a new manifold (>$150) since better to put that money towards headers.

Depending on where it is cracked . . . . you could get it welded up.

DING DING we have a winner that's exactly what I did when I had the slant in my first car a 225 in a 71 demon, worked perfect until the 3rd owner wrapped it around a tree...

Yep weld it up if possible. It's easy to do heat up the area to be repaired to red hot then weld immediately with a nickel rod then completely cover entire part with sand to cool slowly

Thanks for all the advice and info everyone. Found one locally for $60. Gonna check it out today.

-
Back