Intake Coating

-

71Duster

Reaction score
The intake I had on the 360 is going on the 340, its not very old I sprayed it with clear high-temp paint to seal it and keep it looking good but the fuel spills stained the laquer.

Its not terrible but not going to get any better either. Not sure if it should go orange like the block, powder coat it or something else. Any ideas?

It's eathier the engine color in rattle can paint or powder coat it. The latter is prefered.

Hi, I would have it ceramic coated such as Jet-Hot or Nitro Plate as gas does not affect it and cleans up with window cleaner or Mothers.

Nitro plate would be a good option. Would you have a link and/or price to that work?
Hey, doesn't Cuda Chick do nitro plate or something like it?

I vote powder coat. I did my a base silver. Matches my TTi's. Easy clean up. Cost me $65 to bead blast it, bake it @ 400 to off-gas remaining residue in the aluminum, then powder coat.

So far so good. Several minor fuel spills cleaned up great, although I didn't let it sit with fuel on it too long.

IMG_7053_medium.jpg

Nitro plate would be a good option. Would you have a link and/or price to that work?
Hey, doesn't Cuda Chick do nitro plate or something like it?

No, not me ... I think NitroPlate is a trade name. I just do custom powder coating here. I'm getting all set up to start doing ceramic header and manifold coatings but the final details aren't worked out yet.

Feel free to give me a call if I can help you out with that intake though!

There are multiple ceramic coatings that should be applied to a intake. The outside should be a thermal dispersant to dissipate the heat. The inside is coated with a dry film lubricant to increase boundary layer turbulence (less fuel drop). The bottom is coated with a thermal barrier/oil sheder. You can also check out our web page www.powdercoatingwi.com

might consider changing it to an rmp air gap and have that one done up. just a thought

-
Back