Intake Help ASAP!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I have the chance to get a new intake today. I am running a 360 with .484 MP cam, headers, Eddy 600 cfm carb (soon to be holley 750) and 3:55 gears. Should I go with the Eddy Performer or Eddy Performer RPM? I am eventually doing head work and pistons as well so the car is going to be a street car that goes to the track every once in a while.

Performer rpm all the way the airgap is a little better then the original rpm. The performer is not much better then stock if at all a weight saving yes other then that not much. Again rpm all the way !!!

You will not loose low end with the rpm and you will gain top end !

So going with the RPM is not going to make my throttle response or low end suffer. Right now I am running a Torker 340 and its a dog.

Rpm, air gap if you can get that one but at least the Rpm.

RPM gonna give you a big bump in torque over the Torker, there's very little reason to go with performer maybe on a stock port 318 since there closer to 318 size ports than 340/360.

I have about the same build as you described I just put the rpm air gap on mine and you wouldnt believe the diffrence, I put the polished one on mine.

Will it have an effect on hood clearance? I tried to put a spacer on my old carb. and it woudn't fit.

alot taller? I have been wanting a s/s hood for a while now so I guess this could be the time.

alot taller? I have been wanting a s/s hood for a while now so I guess this could be the time.

You should be able to run a 1/2" spacer and use a Drop Base Air Cleaner with the Rpm Performer. Your hood will clear it by a 1/2" or so.

That's what I wanted to hear. As bad as I want a new hood I don't have the funds for it so I didn't want to drive around with no hood on because of the new intake.

-
Back