Intake Manifold Coolant Bypass Fitting

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Anyone ever just use a piece of 3/4 NPT pipe for a $1.25 for this fitting rather than pay Mopar Performance $30 plus shipping? Even a piece this size in brass is only $7.50.

Anyone ever just use a piece of 3/4 NPT pipe for a $1.25 for this fitting rather than pay Mopar Performance $30 plus shipping? Even a piece this size in brass is only $7.50.

I've seen it done, and think it looks like garbage. Plus you dont have the lip on the end if you are using spring clamps.

Yes $30.00 is out of control. I bought a set (By-pass,Heater hose) fittings on the bay for around $12.00.

I've seen it done, and think it looks like garbage. Plus you dont have the lip on the end if you are using spring clamps.

Yes $30.00 is out of control. I bought a set (By-pass,Heater hose) fittings on the bay for around $12.00.

It's just for the truck and if I do it right, the pipe shouldn't even show. It's no numbers matching resto so worm drive clamps are used throughout anyway. I just wanted to know if anyone had any leaks or hose pop-off problems using this method.

believe me, it'll look better than the rube goldberg setup that was on this used manifold I'm swapping out. I'll use the E-bay ones on the Duster when the time comes.

i used it on my 318 and it works great! i think it looks better because you can slip the hose all the way over it and not even see it.

I've done it this way on a few of my workhorse machines with excellent results. It leaves enough material in contact with the hose to double-up on clamps with no problem.

I've done it this way on a few of my workhorse machines with excellent results. It leaves enough material in contact with the hose to double-up on clamps with no problem.

Cool, doubleing the clamps was part of the plan.

BTW, I may be moving into your neighborhood. Don't think of it as bad luck, It's just fate, lol. :)

Cool, doubleing the clamps was part of the plan.

BTW, I may be moving into your neighborhood. Don't think of it as bad luck, It's just fate, lol. :)

As in the place for rent across the street from the lair of the mighty powder blue Dart? It'd be cool to have another english-speaker in the 'hood. 8)

Nope, no Dart across the street but I did see a '69 maybe '70 torino on the same block. I'll PM you were I'll be. Oversized three car garage, that's what sold me. I'm going to call the guy tomorrow and just take it. No for rent sign yet as he just bought it and is now getting it ready to go.

Check out my Moving to the Barrio thread in General Disscusions, lol!

-
Back