Intake manifold is it stock..which gaskets to use

-
aftermarket or stock intake decision depends on your combination and is somewhat subjective. I like stock 4bbl spread bore manifold for most mild apps. If it's for a warm street/ occasional strip I'd use the stock manifold.
I do get good performance from the stock manifold and carb..also thinking of upgradings the distributor shaft and housing and coil instead of the 3 plus for the rpm intake..that way I can see everything when I install the shaft onto cam..

I didn't use end gaskets and I also dry fit without the side gaskets ..( won't make that mistake again).. bought new gaskets will be redoing the correct way tomorrow if no rain or Thursday..when I took out gaskets their were no locating pins..also I don't remember seeing any holes for pins on intake or motor when I cleaned it???
As far as I know, all SB''s have them. They are not very big. maybe 3/16" - 1/8" in dia. , 1/2" - 3/4" long.

Was wondering why with temp gun it was bit higher at those ports..lol.. guessing no rtv around those needed??
"needed" is a relative term. Myself, I do put a little rtv around the water ports. It may not be necessary if you are using the "print-o-seal" gaskets which are manufactured with a bead of sealer around each port, already. I haven't done anything on a SB in years, so I don't know if they still make those gaskets anymore.

-
Back