Intake manifold questions

The water crosser over on this manifold were not opened up when it was cast will it work on my 340?

• help

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

dancinwulf

Reaction score
I was getting ready to put my 340 back together and noticed my intake manifold which was off of a slightly newer mopar has no rear water jacket holes in it they are closed off you can see
where they should be but the casting was not opened up there will this manifold work or is that going to be a major problem the gasket has the center exhaust port plugged which is fine since I only drive it in the summer anyway. Any help would be appreciated thanks
photo 2.JPG
IMG_0524.JPG

those rear water holes are usually not drilled on the intake manifold....and the heat cross over usually will burn thru the gasket after awhile..

those rear water holes are usually not drilled on the intake manifold....and the heat cross over usually will burn thru the gasket after awhile..
X2 as I don't remember ever seeing a manifold with rear water ports that were functional.
I know they did exist, but never seen one that I remember.
The blocked off exhaust crossover is a really good way to cut down on carb heatsoak also.
A lot of us do that on purpose just for that reason alone.

Great I wasn't sure since I am replacing the edelbrock manifold I bought it with so that I can go back to the Thermoquad and had already sold the other manifold so I couldn't compare. And it has vapor locked a few
times during the summer with the old manifold on hot days, so I bought the fel pro gaskets that have that blocked off in hopes that it would help with that .
Thank you for the input I really appreciate it.

Some fellows have posted where they have put some stainless plates on the x-over ports to keep from burning through. Or welded some steel plate in the ports in the heads..... probably not what you want to deal with!

-
Back