Intake Options

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I have a 340 with Magnum heads and it has the magnum vertical intake bolt pattern. Right now I'm using a M1 dual plane with the angled bypass hose fitting and the bolt bosses for the RV-2 AC brackets.
As far as flow it's an aluminum version of the stock cast iron intake and while it's not terrible, it's not in the same league as a Edelbrock RPM. Wondering if anyone has taken a LA intake and drilled it for the Magnum bolt pattern? You would need some wedged shaped washers too. I really don't want to remove the heads to drill them and I don't want a Edelbrock knock off either.
I bought my heads before there was a LA or Magnum intake bolt attaching option.

In order to use a "LA"'intake on a Magnum headed engine you'll need to remove the heads to drill the attaching holes. Sorry, but it is that simple OR use the Crosswind from Pro. Products. They have the only intake with dual attaching holes.

Other "Magnum intakes are the single plane M1 and the RPM. Unless you kept the FI from a donor vehicle, the. MoPar has some intakes that accept the injectors though there all single plane intakes.

Yep, I thought someone would say that. I guess I'll tear the heads apart this winter.
Thanks.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Take-Off-Mopar-Chrysler-Dodge-SB-318-340-360-Eliminator-Intake-Manifold-Satin-/301233667223?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4622ecfc97&vxp=mtr"]Take Off Mopar Chrysler Dodge SB 318 340 360 Eliminator Intake Manifold Satin | eBay[/ame]

123 dollars with free shipping...

Bobscuda67,
Are you wanting to go to the Edelbrock RPM? I'm curious because I have a set of Magnum heads for my 340 build, unknown condition, and am pondering whether to go EQ with LA intake bolt pattern. I'm wondering what size intake valves you are running, cam too. I looked for your build, wasn't able to track one down, any insight or info you can share would be appreciated.

Bobscuda67,
Are you wanting to go to the Edelbrock RPM? I'm curious because I have a set of Magnum heads for my 340 build, unknown condition, and am pondering whether to go EQ with LA intake bolt pattern. I'm wondering what size intake valves you are running, cam too. I looked for your build, wasn't able to track one down, any insight or info you can share would be appreciated.

Hi, yea if I had it to do over again I would bye the EQ magnum's with the LA intake bolt pattern. Many more choices of intakes and they have the angled bypass hose. The RHS heads can be ordered with shaft mount rockers, another plus.
I have a 340 block with a 360 crank, with stock 360 rods. The heads are magnum replacements with stock valves that are backcut. The bowels have been opened up and the the guide boss has been profiled. They have a 57cc chamber and have been gasket matched.
The valve guides have been cut to accept a larger lift cam and have Hughes 1110 valve springs.
I'm using a Comp XE274 cam.
The pic has the Mopar M1 I have now. It has the angled bypass and the bolt bosses for the RV-2 compressor, the only magnum manifold that has them.

Attachments

• Dad's Pictures 013.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 229
Hi, yea if I had it to do over again I would bye the EQ magnum's with the LA intake bolt pattern. Many more choices of intakes and they have the angled bypass hose. The RHS heads can be ordered with shaft mount rockers, another plus.
I have a 340 block with a 360 crank, with stock 360 rods. The heads are magnum replacements with stock valves that are backcut. The bowels have been opened up and the the guide boss has been profiled. They have a 57cc chamber and have been gasket matched.
The valve guides have been cut to accept a larger lift cam and have Hughes 1110 valve springs.
I'm using a Comp XE274 cam.
The pic has the Mopar M1 I have now. It has the angled bypass and the bolt bosses for the RV-2 compressor, the only magnum manifold that has them.

bobscuda67,
Okay thanks alot for your advice on the heads and telling me about your motor specs and machine work. I'm quite aways from building the engine, just sorting it out.

-
Back