Intake porting/blending

-
I’ll see what the guy porting the heads has to say about using the spacer or not. Or run it this year without the next year with. Kim

This will be on my RB Super Victor Max Wedge Port with 1250 Dominator carb. I’ll post pics of the mismatch. Idk the first thing about porting. I know I don’t want to be cutting or welding on/in it. More so looking for advice. Motor is a 543. 11-1 compression. .625 lift roller cam. Indy SR heads. I’m not sure the intake will be the choke point. The heads may not be enough to be able to feed the motor. Thanks. Kim

View attachment 1715679461

View attachment 1715679462

View attachment 1715679463

View attachment 1715679464

View attachment 1715679465

View attachment 1715679466

View attachment 1715679467

View attachment 1715679468

View attachment 1715679469

View attachment 1715679470

Looking at this again, I would run the spacer (its not really a spacer, it’s an anti-reversion/shear plate) and I’d take the plenum all the way out so that none of that rail around the outside of the plate is covered by the flange.

You may not see any HP on the dyno, but any time you can help direct the air/fuel where you want it and reduce exit losses at the carb is a good thing.

I’ve got a butchered W-2 Strip Dominator where somebody welded runner extensions in the plenum, I’ve never seen any intakes for Mopars with them in the plenum, might be versions I’m unaware of though
Personally I hate the word “Butchered” and a slight more since you don’t know for sure if the mods are good or not. Extended runners are done to help fuel air distribution and normally add torque. At this point, it takes away from the plenum. Adding a spacer or spacers could be a good thing.

MoPar never sold intakes with extended runners.

Personally I hate the word “Butchered” and a slight more since you don’t know for sure if the mods are good or not. Extended runners are done to help fuel air distribution and normally add torque. At this point, it takes away from the plenum. Adding a spacer or spacers could be a good thing.

MoPar never sold intakes with extended runners.
I hear you, but I think you may agree with me on this particular example as being “butchered”! :eek:

FA97578F-D044-489B-8D64-0450D9BBFC3F.jpeg

C126A4D0-6438-439E-A6DB-1D9161320AB7.jpeg

24C72A49-CBB1-469E-B3AE-3AADD57821D7.jpeg

are you going to the porter that did mine? Strongarm? I'm going to take my victor intake there and get it done curious to see your results

Last edited:
Looks horrible and poorly done, however, how does it work!?

I hear you, but I think you may agree with me on this particular example as being “butchered”! :eek:

View attachment 1715694371

View attachment 1715694372

View attachment 1715694373

I’ve seen a dozen or so heads where the flattened the floor like that, tested 3 of them and never figured out what they were doing except chasing volume. Certainly didn’t hurt anything and I’ll be looking into it again when I do my W2 junk.

Don’t know if they hurt the manifold or not. If they did, it’s easily repairable.

I’ve seen a dozen or so heads where the flattened the floor like that, tested 3 of them and never figured out what they were doing except chasing volume. Certainly didn’t hurt anything and I’ll be looking into it again when I do my W2 junk.

Don’t know if they hurt the manifold or not. If they did, it’s easily repairable.

You likely see that’s the roof of the intake runners that are squared (flattened) I got it for free from an engine shop that couldn’t just dumpster it, I was just gonna pay it forward to someone else but decided to hang onto it, blast it clean, clean up the plenum runners as best possible when I finish up other stuff, and see what I end up with.

You likely see that’s the roof of the intake runners that are squared (flattened) I got it for free from an engine shop that couldn’t just dumpster it, I was just gonna pay it forward to someone else but decided to hang onto it, blast it clean, clean up the plenum runners as best possible when I finish up other stuff, and see what I end up with.

Yep, my bad...I thought roof and typed floor. They square off the roof and leave the floor round.

I made mine square. I needed the volume. I may pull one of those junkers out and pour an intake port because I don’t remember where they ended up. In fact, I will do it because I need to pull one out and cut it up before I start porting my other W2’s. So I’ll pour a port and see where I ended up.

-
Back