Intake problem

-

z_daddy

z_daddy
Reaction score
I just went to install my Wiand 8004 intake manifold it lines up To heads only problem the front and rear cork gasket raise it up to high and away from the heads what do I do. ( any thoughts on gasket type metal or fiber ??? )

RTV is what I did, and I've got the same intake, just use a whole bunch of it and it'll seal nicely.

Sounds like the way to go thanks

Yup, apply a nice 1/4 inch bead and let it skin over slightly. Install the intake and I would suggest some non hardening thread sealant on the intake bolts.

Let it sit for 24 hrs before you fire it.

You can either follow the advice of experienced people and use RTV or do something else that will probably not work.

Not to mention I have heard of people cracking their aluminum intake by trying to use the cork.

Run the head of RTV and DO NOT WORRY about starting up the engine right away. IF you blow out the RTV Apon engine start up, you have other issues! I have each and everytime installed an intake with RTV on the ends and I have NEVER! Had the need to resell it because the RTV was blown out from the inside pressures.

Toss the end seal gaskets away into the junk draw for use on something else 40 years from now.

-
Back