intake question

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
I have an opertunity to purchase a dual one barrel carb intake, carbs, linkage the whole setup but I dont know if I should buy it or just install my 4 barrel intake and carb set up I already have?
Any thoughts would be great.

They sure do have the WOW factor and Volvo used the dual carbs and ran real good.
I have no experiences running a dual carb except on motorcycles back in the day.
If it was me it would be tempting to try it, But my single 4 barrel intake has been trouble free.
I hope a member jumps in with some worthy advice on this for you on this.

and what your building it for...racing?...4bbl...looking cool at cruise night?...multi-carb

I'm looking at the same intake design for mine... I'm going for a mix of visual "wow" and power tho. If you decide otherwise let me know - I might grab it.

Unless you have increased the engine’s ability to pump more air, in other words oversized valves, performance camshaft, compression increase, and larger exhaust system including headers or Dutra Duels, a 4V carburetor will be over kill.

Just increasing size of exhaust will be of benefit with both a stock engine equipped with a one barrel, as well as a duel one barrel carburetor set up on a stock engine, as the duel configuration will act as a small two barrel carburetor similar to a super six set-up.

I have a head at the shop now and will be sending the cam off to get reground in the next couple of weeks.
The guy is asking 400 for the entire two carb setup not sure if that is a good price or not anyone know?

I have a head at the shop now and will be sending the cam off to get reground in the next couple of weeks.
The guy is asking 400 for the entire two carb setup not sure if that is a good price or not anyone know?

Why not get a new cam from Ersons...they are cheap as. They have 4 grinds to pick from.

Intake and linkage alone would be over $300 sounds like a good buy if the carbs are ok.

Rug Trucker,
Thanks for the CAM info the group buy has expired and I have an extra CAM that I will be send to Oregon CAM grinders real soon

Rug Trucker,
Thanks for the CAM info the group buy has expired and I have an extra CAM that I will be send to Oregon CAM grinders real soon

When you ship? Go to your local carpet store get a cardboard carpet tube. wrap in used carpet pad.

If I was ready to buy a cam I would check to see if Erson would reinstate the group buy. I'm not ready.

Rug

Look what came in the mail today

Attachments

• intake 1.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 132
  • intake 2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 138
  • intake 3.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 122
  • intake 4.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 138
That is so way cool! The only thing cooler would be a twin or triple SU set up for the /6 like on an old Volvo or JAG. Sounds like you have a great motor coming together. What's it going in?

-
Back