Interior color opinions sought.

-

Teeth & Tires

A-retentive
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Dressing up my '69 Barracuda this winter and Classic has a sale I want to get in on so...seeking any and all opinions on my color choices.

I'm doing the interior in black with red seats. Dash, carpet, and all interior sheet metal will be black. Question is: should I go red or black on the door panels??

Here is a link to some pix of Tony Fields' car. My car would look a LOT like his if I go with the red panels and I do like the look of this but I'm thinking I might prefer to let the seats sort of 'pop' by keeping everything around them black.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=162455

Yes, I will choose what I like best but just trying to grab some supporting opinions before I place my order. thanks, y'all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

easier this way

And tip of the hat to Mr. Fields. These are his photos.

Dressing up my '69 Barracuda this winter and Classic has a sale I want to get in on so...seeking any and all opinions on my color choices.

I'm doing the interior in black with red seats. Dash, carpet, and all interior sheet metal will be black. Question is: should I go red or black on the door panels??

Here is a link to some pix of Tony Fields' car. My car would look a LOT like his if I go with the red panels and I do like the look of this but I'm thinking I might prefer to let the seats sort of 'pop' by keeping everything around them black.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=162455

Yes, I will choose what I like best but just trying to grab some supporting opinions before I place my order. thanks, y'all.
Every thing black except the seats & door panels, make them red. It will be sweet

I agree that only the door panels and seats should be red, but I would also dye the center section of the front kick panels red to match and continue the red forward...

Attachments

• Cuda red 1a.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 132
Since the exterior of your car is red I would do the interior in all black to keep it simple or economical.
Reason is the red seat covers may not match the red exterior paint.
Possible clash unless you are very careful choosing. Ask for samples before
placing order to confirm how the two reds will look on the same car.
May need to go custom covers to get what looks good rather than off the shelf or factory color.

Tony needs to chime in

The seats are not 67 red, was a metallic red, think it is 69 red

The dash was powder coated but they couldn't get the color right so black it is

Tony's interior looks great

Get sample of the red to match up before ordering a set of seat covers

I like the black dash & carpet with seats in color

-
Back