Interior color.

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I'm curious does anyone know where I can find a color match chart for the metal components in the interior? And where to buy correct matching paint for the Dash steering column etc? I had planned on just painting it black but now I'm thinking I'd like to make it look original. Mine has that speckled brown color with a brown dash pad and white everything else. I'd like to find a close as possible match to the brown to repaint the steel part of the dash and column. Here is a pic for reference it's not the best but you can see the color.

20190602_095238.jpg

20190602_095233.jpg

Check with your local autobody supply house. They may have interior match colors for mid 70s cars.

be careful with Herbs

the last 2 I paid good money for were not even close

the only blue for 67 they list was WAY too dark for my 67 Belvedere which still has some good original interior parts, and the only green they list for 73 was way too dark for my 73 which has a really nice interior (not faded to mis-matched colors like some [especially blue] I've seen and I was only looking to paint a cassette pod. Krylon Italian Olive was a better match (but not perfect) for F6

be careful with Herbs

the last 2 I paid good money for were not even close

the only blue for 67 they list was WAY too dark for my 67 Belvedere which still has some good original interior parts, and the only green they list for 73 was way too dark for my 73 which has a really nice interior (not faded to mis-matched colors like some [especially blue] I've seen and I was only looking to paint a cassette pod. Krylon Italian Olive was a better match (but not perfect) for F6
Ya I know. The best thing going for over the counter stuff though. I looked at the interior colors in my blue 70 Swinger today. Geez what a hodge podge of blues. I bet 10 different shades.

Ya I know. The best thing going for over the counter stuff though. I looked at the interior colors in my blue 70 Swinger today. Geez what a hodge podge of blues. I bet 10 different shades.
Yea my interior is the same way the metal is one color brown the dash pad is a different color the plastic column cover is another color. The carpet was a brown and the seats and door panels were white. I tho8ght about doing the metal part of the dash the same color as the body idk it may look cheesy like that?

On the back side of those PPG paint chip pages (at www.AutoColorLibrary.com) all the interior colors, and where-used, are listed. There is a ton of info there. I assume you have a '75? View attachment 1715356942

Yes those help alot.
The final key to the puzzle is figuring out which colors go with the interior color name on multi color interiors
Using my '67 Plymouth for example. Fender Tag Code SS4YY
Y is Tan interior.
By cross referencing PPG 22700, this is what the Dodge FSM calls Pale Tan, and may also be called Medium Tan or Light Tan.

So that gets the basic color.
upload_2019-6-30_10-9-18.png

upload_2019-6-30_10-11-8.png

upload_2019-6-30_10-19-36.png

Then the challenge is figuring out which colors are used on the other components.
Its probably one of these two and it this point its probably best to have sample chips to check against the car. My guess is that its "chestnut" as the golovebox is close in color to the dashpad and carpet. and the carpet was chestnut.
upload_2019-6-30_10-16-2.png

View attachment 1715357028

upload_2019-6-30_10-25-12.png

upload_2019-6-30_10-25-54.png

I'm gonna pull out my build sheet today and see if I can find on it the interior code maybe I can cross reference it from there. I have the one that was under my carpet in a folder in the filing cabinet. The one under that back seat is all there but pretty tore up so I just left it I didnt want to destroy it any more trying to remove it from the springs.

20181031_080254.jpg

However the only color I can see on that list from 1975 that would make sence is the dark parchment poly.

I'm gonna pull out my build sheet today and see if I can find on it the interior code maybe I can cross reference it from there. I have the one that was under my carpet in a folder in the filing cabinet. The one under that back seat is all there but pretty tore up so I just left it I didnt want to destroy it any more trying to remove it from the springs.

View attachment 1715357124
Do you have the fender tag?
For '67 Paint codes are under PNT, and the last letter of the Trim code is the basic interior color. '75 similar ?
upload_2019-6-30_20-14-5.png

Be great if you can find the '75 Color & Trim book like this one.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Color & Trim Book - Dart
It does show a parchment trim code and the what the colors were for everything that came with that trim code.

Last edited:
Do you have the fender tag?
For '67 Paint codes are under PNT, and the last letter of the Trim code is the basic interior color. '75 similar ?
View attachment 1715357250

Be great if you can find the '75 Color & Trim book like this one.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Color & Trim Book - Dart
It does show a parchment trim code and the what the colors were for everything that came with that trim code.
I found it on the build sheet. Its E2L3 parchment is the color. Now I just gotta find some paint close matched!

75_Dart_0016.jpg

-
Back