Interior door trim strip...always chromed,or sometimes painted black?

-

71twister3bytheknee6

Reaction score
On a low cost 1969 Dart 2 door hardtop,six cylinder,no radio,no carpet,black interior,was the above interior door trim strips (separating painted metal upper of door,and door panel)chromed,or painted black,or did you have an option of either?This might be quite an obscure question,even for mopar gurus.Thanks for any input,except for the WHATS and WTFs.

Last edited:
On a low cost 1969 Dart 2 door hardtop,six cylinder,no radio,no carpet,was the above interior door trim strips (separating painted metal upper of door,and door panel)chromed,or painted black,or did you have an option of either?This might be quite an obscure question,even for mopar gurus.Thanks for any input,except for the WHATS and WTFs.
63-66 low level models some times had the painted strip. It may have carried on in later models.
I have only come across a few. Most were chrome, if they are painted they usually conform to the interior
color.

My sons 70 had the painted ones. I thought someone in the past might have painted them as I had never seen them in my 40 years of messing with A bodies. I stripped some paint off and found bare metal. Never to old to learn something. I switched them out though, like the shiny.

My 70 H code swinger was Plum Crazy , Black interior with black trim strip. It had a passenger door replaced at some point with the stainless trim, it was annoying to have all black with that one stainless piece. I am looking to replace, either paint a stainless or go all stainless on the resto.

My 70 H code swinger was Plum Crazy , Black interior with black trim strip. It had a passenger door replaced at some point with the stainless trim, it was annoying to have all black with that one stainless piece. I am looking to replace, either paint a stainless or go all stainless on the resto.
If you like the blacked out look, sand the stainless with 600 paper and spray with trim black. They were always
stainless. Or clean the paint off the other stainless pieces and polish.

I had a 67 Valiant that was painted, my 67 Barracuda is stainless.

Alan

I had a 67 Valiant that was painted, my 67 Barracuda is stainless.

Alan
When I replied to post I thought the question was about belt moldings. Some of the interior strips were painted,
usually in base model vehicles, most were stainless. Probably always stainless in 2 door hardtops.

Stripped a 70 dart once, the trim was painted dark green to match the interior. I got some stainless ones out of a 71 scamp for my 67 barracuda. I am wondering after reading this thread if they were either painted or stainless based on the trim level of the car. The more base models being painted. Higher trim levels being stainless.

Stripped a 70 dart once, the trim was painted dark green to match the interior. I got some stainless ones out of a 71 scamp for my 67 barracuda. I am wondering after reading this thread if they were either painted or stainless based on the trim level of the car. The more base models being painted. Higher trim levels being stainless.
That is what seems to be the case. Base models seemed to have painted moldings color coded to the interior color.
I have seen 2 and 4 door cars with the painted moldings.

As a matter of fact the scamp i got them out of, i was only able to get the rears for my coupe, because they were stainless but the ones on the doors were painted. Factory **** up? Maybe. These cars werent put together with all that much care back then.

-
Back