Interior pics

-

Bubu

Reaction score
Can anyone post some pics of any 63-65 dart headliners installed? For the life of me I cant find any online. I purchased my car with a stripped interior and Im trying to figure out what trim pieces im missing.

Thanks for the help

If u have a hard time finding them, u could post pics here. I bet somebody can tell u what your missing.

Not "trim", but before you install the headliner, you need steel side pieces with "teeth". They attach with the "1/4 turn" clips that are already in your top frame (think I see in photo). I recall they are only on the sides and there are already teeth in the frame pieces at front top and around the rear window. You will also need the metal bows that slide thru the headliner "tubes". The clips along your front roof brace are to hold the dome light's wire.

Does anyone know where to purchase new 1/4 turn clips that hold those headliner retainers in on the left and right sides? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Jim

Are those "turn clips" plastic or metal? I am completely stripping my '65 Barracuda formula S and there is rust all around that removable panel above the side windows. That panel is placed there because it contains the teeth/spikes that hold the headliner in place on both sides of the vehicle. I need to de-rust all around/underneath there. If I turn those tabs 90 degrees to remove the "toothed" panels, will tbey break off? Thank you.

1519762073185139805271.jpg

I do not think they are available. When I was reassembling the '66, I used pop rivets to replace the ones I did not have. Cant see them when installed.

Never thought to use pop rivets, good idea. Are the factory clips made of plastic or metal? I can't tell by looking at them (they seem to be a gray color).

Last edited:
I twisted the clips 90 degrees with a pair of pliers and the side panels with shark teeth came off easily and without having broken any of the clips. Now on to the rust repairs, worst area around the bottom of the huge rear window.

-
Back