Interior to exterior Color Clash

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have the dark green interior in my 72 Dart. If I paint the exterior a bright green metallic would they clash? Visuallizing I think they would go together as interior/exterior colors, but I have heard opinions from friends saying that it probably won't look good. But they are green haters to begin with. The interior I have is in great shape, so I do not want to change it if I don't have to, but will change it to black if need be.
Any Opinions?

IMHO it would depend on just how light the exterior met' green is. I'm going to suggest this then show the post to my wife. Ask a woman. They may not all be into cars and you'll learn names of color shades you never knew existed but, BUT, you just might get some viable input.

You could always put some really dark tint on the windows and then it wouldn't matter.

As I recall Mopar put some pretty weird colors together for exterior/interior combinations...... dare to be different!

My 69 was F-8 dark green interior and F-3 light green exterior from the factory. I really don't like the combo. It is now dk green interior and white exterior. To me that is a nice combo.

I thought of going with a silver/Black exterior and leaving the interior green and accenting it with aluminum trim.

So is it the dark green that looks like black???If so I think it would look good.

Like this? 100_0063.jpg They dont look that bad together. I plan on using a black interior with this color

100_0063.jpg

Like this? They dont look that bad together. I plan on using a black interior with this color

Almost Exactly like that. I have the same color interior. And I was thinking to use Synergy Green from the 2010 Camaro for the Exterior, which is very similar to the color you are using

I love that color, just not on my 4dr dart, looked great on the sample chip but its a little too bright for a boxy 4dr. Its Napa crossfire lime pearl single stage urethane.

It does not look bad together, but I may just buy the replacement panels in Black. You can get them on EBag with a plastic backing in place the cardboard so is doesn't warp for $250 a set of 4. Then I could replace the seat covers to black and pull the dash and paint it.

good Vinyl paint is available. To practice, go buy a seat at a junkyard. I painted my back seats until I can afford the upholstery. It looks really good. my two cents

I know people are getting sick of seeing my interior but I will just post a before and after dash pic and seat to give you an idea. I searched and experimented and got the match I wanted. Its just too awesome matching up interior/exterior colors.
Chas.

005.JPG

interior before 004.JPG

new car pics 030.JPG

new car pics 046.JPG

-
Back