Internal or External balance 408???

-
If you order it balanced, your machine shop can check and correct if still not quite right for less $$$$.

Sorry, it's too late now, the kit has already been bought and delivered. But I swear I read it at least two dozen times to buy the kit unbalanced.

Brian, who are you using for a builder. I live up by St. Joe, and not many builders in the area. Looking for a good builder that is local.

I am using Automotive Machine and Performance in Lawrence KS. It's about a hour drive for me each way, but Doc and Pat are Mopar guys and have experience building these engines. Tell them I sent ya!!

DansScamp048Medium_zps49c591f1.jpg

Not everyone! Because I would not have recommended that.

Brian does this just concern SCAT stroker kits, or all kits? I ask because I've read many accounts of guys claiming their supposedly balanced kit was nothing more than parts weight matching, which I'm sure you know doesn't really mean balanced. But I don't remember many guys saying what brand kit it was.

I stand corrected. cast cranks were "Detroit" ballanced. but I would ballance the entire rotating assembly on any conglomeration of aftermarket parts.

-
Back