Internet Advertising

-

Yunick13

2 Time FABO NASCAR champ 2023 FABO NHRA champ
Reaction score
With this new format Joey has blessed us with, I've noticed we've also been blessed with a couple ads at the top and bottom of the thread listings, which in my situation, is the same ad. I've come to realize that not once has an internet ad plastered multiple times on the same page, made me want to visit that site, or buy anything from, or even relating to it, or made me want to have any business association with the company putting out those particular ads. I guess it would take somebody more gullible than I to be considered an effective marketing ploy.

Funny thing about magazines though, I enjoyed reading the ads. Very seldom was an ad printed multiple times in the same publication.

Also, no, I don't need to hear about how having the ads helps pay for the site. Just posting a little food for thought when it comes to internet advertising.

Some of the "LILCLOTH" shirts are pretty cool.

I'm tempted to get the " You're listening in dumbass" one.

Like this one-
1665154483692.png

Thinking of getting it for my wife.

She can drive a stick.

With this new format Joey has blessed us with, I've noticed we've also been blessed with a couple ads at the top and bottom of the thread listings, which in my situation, is the same ad. I've come to realize that not once has an internet ad plastered multiple times on the same page, made me want to visit that site, or buy anything from, or even relating to it, or made me want to have any business association with the company putting out those particular ads. I guess it would take somebody more gullible than I to be considered an effective marketing ploy.

Funny thing about magazines though, I enjoyed reading the ads. Very seldom was an ad printed multiple times in the same publication.

Also, no, I don't need to hear about how having the ads helps pay for the site. Just posting a little food for thought when it comes to internet advertising.
You should have posted this in the website questions forum. Joey may never see it. Very un- effective advertising. :lol:

If you had a space for an ad on your web page and no one purchased that space you probably would poke something in the space, even if its a repeat.
If I were a vendor, I wouldn't want the very bottom of a page.

Looks to me like the side bar is for FxBO related vendors and the bottom, top and in between posts is for auto generated content.

Like this one-
View attachment 1715995085
Thinking of getting it for my wife.

She can drive a stick.

I'm not so dense that I don't get the pun but for my wife... If a store bought toy don't suit her, she can go outdoors and choose her own stick. I'm the type that would walk up to the gal in the pic and hand her a big stick. LOL

You should have posted this in the website questions forum. Joey may never see it. Very un- effective advertising. :lol:
I will admit, I did question it. However, I doubt Joey has too much to say in what the advertising agency posts in its spaces. Of course, you could be nice and move it if you thought it needed to be there.

I will admit, I did question it. However, I doubt Joey has too much to say in what the advertising agency posts in its spaces. Of course, you could be nice and move it if you thought it needed to be there.

No, I dont.

Those ads are critical to the site.

It's not like I'm paying to be here....

I haven't visited moparts for a decade cause I got tired of trying to see around or get 4id of the adds.
Now, here, every time i try to post something an add covers the WHOLE screen., that I can't get rid of , or see what I'm typing.
I like this site. I'd hate to have to abandon it too.....but I will.

Last edited:
I haven't visited moparts for a decade cause I got tired of trying to see around or get 4id of the adds.
Now, here, every time i try to post something an add covers the WHOLE screen., that I can't get rid of , or see what I'm typing.
I like this site. I'd hate to have to abandon it too.....but I will.

Clear your internet history / cookies.

-
Back