Internet vs reality

-
one trans rolled a lip seal...has been repaired and back in car...

other trans was removed because the car broke the driveshaft in 1st gear and the spraq has to be checked or it could explode the next time used...instead i installed a spare trans..and going thru the one that came out...as it has been in use in since 2007 now...everything looks good..just going to replace a few thrust washers...waiting on parts.

I do all my own transmissions....so yes..i screw up the one that rolled the lip seal....

good luck

Is this thread about the "disrespect" you get for owning and loving your chevelle?

Sometimes this kinda mentality is really bizarre.

Owning a Mopar and a Chevelle = traitor?
Owning a Mopar and a Daewoo = perfectly acceptable?
the thread started out about low mph in the 1320 then turned to carb jetting which is probably the cause of the low mph and then it got personal and nasty and went in all kinds of directions now its geting down wright stupid, but its been entertianing and good for a few laughs ,saturday am here in the northeast and raining wish i could run this thing and see what the verdict is, got to be zeroing in on the problem i think its a matter of a few jet sizes one way or the other.

might tnt sunday if it dries up here, wifes not happy about spending mothers day at the track ,but i cant wait to see how my rejetted carb works out ill post times good or bad that will clear up this thread.

My third wife and I spent the entire Mothers day at the track once, most of it, (about 5 hours worth) waiting for the rain to quit. She was pretty pissed that I wouldn't go home. Well the rain cleared, the track dried and I won that night, she was happy then. lol

I sincerly hope your car runs good. Remember this, jet up the next drill size first, if it picks up, keep going until it slows down. MPH I mean, don't stress about the ET. Once it slows down go back one size.

If you jet up and it slows down then jet down the next drill size until it stops picking up MPH, then go back one step. It's pretty simple really.

Good luck.

My third wife and I spent the entire Mothers day at the track once, most of it, (about 5 hours worth) waiting for the rain to quit. She was pretty pissed that I wouldn't go home. Well the rain cleared, the track dried and I won that night, she was happy then. lol

I sincerly hope your car runs good. Remember this, jet up the next drill size first, if it picks up, keep going until it slows down. MPH I mean, don't stress about the ET. Once it slows down go back one size.

If you jet up and it slows down then jet down the next drill size until it stops picking up MPH, then go back one step. It's pretty simple really.

Good luck.
ill do exactly that but it looks like not until the 18th pouring here and sunday looks like more at he track in new hampshire 3 hrs away not gonna risk it

Any news???

Did ya talk enough carbs with you or what?

Any news???

Did ya talk enough carbs with you or what?[turns out the coil was going bad adding to my tuning problems so my last tnt, car was breaking up due to a bad coil i now have a new 140 gph electric fuel pump ans a new coil so im still playing with jetting and timing, dieing to get her back to the track soon looks like rain for 6-8 will see, theres also tnt 6-22 and 6-29 i know this thing has 10s in her na.

-
Back