Inventions wanted!

-

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
When I saw that moparmatt19 had started a thread about an upcoming invention that he is planning on putting into production it intrigued me. He's been elusive with details but I'm curious enough to keep an eye on his thread so I can find out more.

It did get me thinking about something that I would like to see made but I don't believe anyone has. It also made me wonder how many of you other guys have had ideas that you've kept to yourselves.

I wanted to see someone make an adapter that would replace the old style glass fuses and enable the use of new style fuses. The old glass fuses are sometimes difficult to remove, they break, it's difficult to see what size they are, and you can't always tell if they're bad when the solder on the ends come loose. A lot of folks don't want to change out the original fuse boxes unless they're damaged.

I'd rather use these:
View attachment 24303-24330_LR.jpg

Than these:
View attachment automotive_fuses.jpg

When I searched for images online to illustrate what I was talking about I came across a site that is actually selling the parts I wanted to see made.

http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/engineered-source-now-offering-new-converta-fuse-adapters

http://www.engineeredsource.com/index.html

View attachment Converta-Fuse.JPG

So even though my idea had already been thought of I thought some of you might have a wish list of your own. How about it? Anybody out there got any cool ideas?

Don't you hate when someone else steals your idea before you had it???

Thanks for the link - looks like just the ticket for my Barracuda. Too late for the wagon as I'm using a Mirada under dash harness in order to use the steering column.

I haven't found out the cost of those fuse adapters yet but if they're reasonable I think I'm going to switch all of our old cars over to the new fuses with them.

30 years ago I had an idea for a device that would plug into electrical outlets and give an accumulated energy cost readout of appliances that would be plugged into it. I figured it'd be great for seeing how much a refrigerator or television costs to operate. Last year I saw something similar for sale at Menards.

Here's some I've thought of over the years...

Car Treats...we like giving treats to our pets, why not for our cars? Something in "treat" form you drop into your gas tank to reward your car.

Wine concentrate for cooking...a little capsule to add to the pot when you might not have actual wine on hand.

Motion-sensing security strips...if someone moves a possession of yours, a remote transmitter sends you a text.

Car Treats...we like giving treats to our pets, why not for our cars? Something in "treat" form you drop into your gas tank to reward your car.

I'm not sure but I could have sworn I'd seen some place selling a gas additive that would give your exhaust a scented smell. - Like vanilla or cookies or bananas or something like that.

Wine concentrate for cooking...a little capsule to add to the pot when you might not have actual wine on hand.

That I guess would be sort of like bouillon cubes that people sometimes use to make gravy. The wine flavored option might be a cool alternative.

Motion-sensing security strips...if someone moves a possession of yours, a remote transmitter sends you a text

If they could make an affordable system for the general public it might prevent thefts from places that aren't closely monitored. It'd be like your own Walmart passthru sensors. They'd have to be easy to conceal so that crooks wouldn't notice them and remove them. It'd be great if GPS tracking would be an option too but I could see the cost getting too high. I lost several thousand dollars worth of parts other goods from our farm this past year. I would have loved a heads up on what was going on.

I invented an oil filling system that used accordion style plastic tubing to allow you to put oil in an engine without a funnel. The cap on the valve cover would unscrew, and beneath would be an accordion tube that you could extend out, then open the quart of oil, stick it up into the tube and bend it over so the oil would pour downward. Then when done, you push the accordion tube back down, screw the cap over it and be done.

I wanted to sell a variety of them that would work with particular makes and models of cars, and then maybe sell the idea to individual car companies.

I drew it for days then did some simple research online to see that someone had invented it and patented it in the 90s or something for lawnmowers...

Basically I spent a long time developing it and found this:

US5033521-1.png

I have a few others that met the same fate...

I made my own glass fuse to the blade type fuse adapters. If I'd of only known!:dontknow:

-
Back