Iowa Salvage yards

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Well I went treking in the 2 salvage yards we have. The first one is by far the best. Found 1 75 ish dart but it was pretty picked over. The second place ive been before and dread. Its an absolute crap hole. Not worth walking around. They dont take care of anything and cars are just scattered all over. Weeds taller then me. The lanes to walk are basically streams running through it. Nothing stacked and looking orderly. When you ask the question where can I find such and such. You get a stupid look then a "you will just have to walk around" reply.

So any of you out there know any good salvage yards in Iowa. Im located in Ft dodge and willing to drive most places. Just not to get there and find a crap yard.

For those of you that didnt see my other post. Heres my $300 scamp

Car1.jpg

Car4.jpg

car2.jpg

Car5.jpg

Ron's auto salvage in Allison. There is one here in Waterloo owned by Joe Litzgow but I do not know the name of it. He sometimes has a few things there. He has a bunch of old chevy and fords out there and 1 72 Duster but I have not been there for about a year. If you find out any more please let me know.

I'll have to find the one in Waterloo, I live here. toolmanmike

I live here to. You might want to give it a few days before you go trekking into the yard because it may be wet. Go to University Ave., take Ansborough towards San Marnan but when you get to Blawk Hawk Rd. then take a right. Just follow Black Hawk untill you run into the yard on both sides. People have been trying to shut him down for years.

318 Bruiser : I know where you're talking about. My sister lives on Garden Avenue a block off Huntington Rd. What do you drive? I've seen a Duster cruising around 6 Corners area and could never make it through the lights to catch up. Could that be you? I saw a 66 Dart convert yesterday that I've never seen b/4. The owner also owns Metro Transmissions across from C&S
Car Company. There's a "cruise in" downtown on East 4th at the bank parking lot once a month.(I believe the second Tuesday). I will find out and reply to this post. Let me know. toolmanmike

I used to have a 70 Dart, but unfortunatly I had to let that go awhile ago. I am currently working on a 77 Volare but I can't seem to find anything for parts around here. I don't know as many people as I used to LOL. Is the Duster a baby blue color? If so, he attends high school at East and works at a Hardee's. I know I have seen that 66 in the last couple of days to.

Yep, its baby blue. Sooner or later i'll catch him. Here's a list of car cruises in the area this summer. I've been to a few when I have time. toolman

NE. IOWA CAR CRUISES

TIME LOCATION

2ND TUESDAY/MONTH------------------------- THE MILL------------------------------ HWY 20 &14

1st and 3rd THURSDAY/MONTH-----------------------MARSHALLTOWN-------------------CULVERS

2ND TUESDAY/MONTH--------------------------WATERLOO--------------------------- A&W /CROSSSROADS
And then downtown

LAST THURSDAY/MONTH-----------------------GILBERTVILLE-------------------------10th Inning pub

EVERY THURSDAY--------------------------------INDEPENDENCE----------------------ADVANCE AUTO

LAST FRIDAY/MONTH----------------------------OELWEIN---------------------------------DOWNTOWN

Hey Mike...Just to update your list, the cruise nights at Fields in Marshalltown on South Center st. are no more. So scratch that one off your list. The Marshalltown Culver's cruise nights on Iowa Ave, aka old HWY30, are still on, but are now every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 5 PM to dusk. Last cruise night there is Sep. 17th.

Boothill Auto Salvage in Iowa Falls. Owner is a Mopar guy. 318Bruiser...the owner is a big F-Body fan.

Thanks for the info Convertrible. I changed the info on the post. Nice to hear from you again. toolmanmike

TY so much for the info Convert. I will have to give him a call in a few days. Mike, the Duster is at the Hardee's on University by Droste's repair. Same exact color as my Volare. Debating on keeping it that way or not still. For some reason I have always liked it. Now I feel like I am Hijacking so here is some more yards. There is a yard in between Cedar Rapids and Tama but I can never remember the name. I have to go there for a meeting in the morning and I will find it for you Eagle.

Ok, so I found the one outside of Cedar Rapids on HWY 30.

Buffields 319-446-7141

318Bruiser...that yard on HWY 30 was formerly Beckers. Haven't been there since it changed hands, but there used to be quite a few Mopars in there.

-
Back