Is $300 a Good Price?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
...for a 400 B block that was running fine this past summer with a stock bore?

Don't know about where you're at Joe, but around here it is. Usually some of the BB around here are seized and guys are looking to get that out of 'em.

Thanks ramenth. :) I just called the guy that I bought my Jeep builder engine from last night as I remembered spying a 400 in the shop. He's still got it and willing to sell. He said it ran great and had plans for it (he's already got a 440 '69 dart) but the guy who he was partners with in his shop didn't pay his share of the taxes and they had to close up. I'm thinking he'd like the Christmas cash (he's got some little ones running around) so I'm not looking to hard bargain him. It would be cool to think that cash for the engine went for presents for his kids. I think it would help us both out. :)

As long as the cylinders have good psi and relitivley close in psi through out, I'd be happy with that.

I would think that would be a good price.. We have tried to sell the one we have here for that but no one in this area wants to pay that price...Sounds like a deal that could help both of oyu out.

That is a good deal like everyone has pretty much commented. The 400 makes a good stroker too !

-RPM

If I had a complete 400 not punched out I would not let it go for $300 or 400.
These engines build great back stock or just R.V.
there are some good rumors going around about the 400/ +383

I think you can get all you want just fine witha 400, ya need a trany so put that in the thoughts too :rock:

Thanks all for your input! It's just going to be torn down and bored and blueprinted for a 500ci stroker build anyway, so as long as the block is good and not cracked, I'll be happy. It'll go into the Duster. :)

It's probably going to sit for a good long while until I get the Duster body done..... I hate body work.

That's a good price Joe, considering everything but the block is going to get tossed, kind of like the bare 400 block I got in the garage now for a soon to be 451 stroker. Actually I did keep the oil pan cuss it's got the full one piece baffle and the 452 heads it came with.

That's a good price Joe, considering everything but the block is going to get tossed, kind of like the bare 400 block I got in the garage now for a soon to be 451 stroker. Actually I did keep the oil pan cuss it's got the full one piece baffle and the 452 heads it came with.

Thanks Terry, I don't know what heads it's got but I'm probably going to go with either some Indy or Eddy heads on this build and stroke it out to 500ci if the pins aren't in the oil scraper. I know it can be done with shorter rods but I'd like to keep the original length rods. I'm still researching this build so nothing is set in stone yet. Cubic inches are king. :-D

-
Back