Is a 904 a 904 ?

-

rick_rawker

Reaction score
Is a 904 the same regardless of application from E-body to A-body ? I have found a 318/904 out of a 72 Challenger. Will the trans bolt up to my stock 74 Duster trans mount.The Duster was running a 225/904. Thanks, Rick

Yes physically they are the same as long as you go small block to small block or slant six to slant six. Later years youll get lock ups and low first gear sets.

Yes physically they are the same as long as you go small block to small block or slant six to slant six. Later years youll get lock ups and low first gear sets.

Taking a slant out and installing a 318. More concerned about the trans mount and rear tail shaft...THANK YOU ! ( nice cars/pics ! )

There are a couple potential issues with early A tail housings and what shifter you have. If you stay in the years you are asking about you should be good to go though.

There are a couple potential issues with early A tail housings and what shifter you have. If you stay in the years you are asking about you should be good to go though.

Yes, I agree, mainly because the early models used the 'old ball and trunion' .

-
Back