Is adaptor needed for Edelbrock carb?

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Howdy,
I just purchased a used 1406 carb off ebay for my eventual use on the Duster. Since it will be "awhile" before it is needed, I thought I would go ahead and mount it on the parts car that is my daily driver ('88 Gran Fury 4 bbl). It came with an adaptor plate for use on the spread bore manifold. Do I need some type of throttle cable linkage adaptor? I was comparing the two last night and it looks like I will have to cut the fuel line for the rear side input and maybe some type of linkage adaptor for it to work. Any guidance will be appreciated.

On a related issue, it didn't come with the Eddy CD. Anyone have a spare, or the ability to burn a copy for me?
Thanks!
C

is it a really thin plate?

you need to use it to help seal the carb to a spread bore manifold ...

i had a eddy 1406 carb on a eddy performer intake and the thin plate was needed...

edelbrock make a throttle linkage adapter for mopars...

and are you converting from a 2bl to a 4 bl ???

Spread bore on spread bore manifold needs nothing but a gasket.

The adaptor plate is about 1/4 to 3/8" thick.
Switching from a 4bbl Quadrajet to the Eddy.
I will look for the throttle linkage adaptor.
Thanks,
C

Well, duh - I downloaded the installation instructions and found what I needed. I stopped by a local speedshop today and ordered the part I needed. BTW, the adaptor plate is 1" thick...

Still lookin' for the CD.
Thanks,
C

Same question but yes, I am switching from a 2bbl to a 4bbl 1406 and EddyPerfIntake, should the mopar throttle adapter for autotrans still work?

I didn't really understand your question, but I think you will need the adaptor. It is just a simple little attachment that bolts to the throttle on the carb.
C

-
Back