Is Lokar the way to go?

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
Howdy folks,
I am gathering info on an intake and carb swap. I will be using a 1968 Small block four barrel intake and a 1406 Eddy Carb. Not wanting to re-engineer the throttle linkage. Should I just go the Lokar cable route and be done with it. Thinking of using both the throttle and kickdown set-up.

Thanks,
John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas :read2:

I have heard that the bouchillon (spelling?) kick down cable is a better setup than the lokar cable. I also know a guy that has the bouchillon on his cars and loves it

I have the Lokar set up and it is just fine. Ethier way.....

OE MoPar carb linkage?

the locker works good for me now but at first i didnt have enough travel for the transmition to work right and i found out their is a bracket for mopars that bolts on the carburator that gives it more travel. then it was perfect.

I used the lokar setup on mine, but have yet to actually drive with it yet.

dustercables.jpg

dustercables2.jpg

I just bought and installed the Bouchillion kit with carb adapter plate and it's sweet to install. 1.5 hrs just like they say. Great instructions and quality, quality product. I havent run it yet but adjustment should be very little to none. It was $225.00 Canadian by the time i got it across the boarder to Alberta, but shipping was fast. The Lokar kit looks decent and 40-60 bucks cheaper but i have heard there is tweaking to be done until the stretch comes out of it, etc. I didnt want to do much tweaking when it came to the tranny being out of whack for any length of time. http://bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

-
Back