Is my 360 bored out?

-

JohnnySpeed

Reaction score
the measurement is 3.985, that is with calipers
The stock they say is 3.5 for 360 stock bore.
Thanks for any help
Ps I was going to do a 440 in a 70 Duster, the Duster came with the 360 I'm currently taking apart the motor, I have 700.00 into he 440 block
And thats with just cleaned up 3 sleeves, decked and cam bearing. I'm at an impasse, as with all of us money and time. And have all the parts for the 360 and not so much with the 440. Plus to alter the frame for the 440. Thanks for the listen and thankful for this group.
Resized_20200627_111543.jpg

Build the 360 if money and time is the constraint. Starting with a 440 that required 3 sleeves is not the best plan. IMO 65'

When you measure the bore with calipers you're usually measuring the ridge not the actual "worn" bore??

Thank you all that just to make sure not super bored out yes I know it is worn cause I am measuring at the ridge need a bore indicator

If you're sure you have a 360, looks like you have a stock bore at the moment. I'd fix the 360 to get it back on the road, and then save up for the 440 swap. That's going to take a LOT more moolah to get that done.......Engine complete with all the brackets and exhaust to fit an A-body, transmission, cooling, rear axle?, driveshaft, wiring, etc.

-
Back