is my car in any way special/rare or more valuable than any other? 70 340.

-
I have a big block with a 4 speed and all I did for frame connectors was buy some 2 x 3 inch square tubing and cut to fit and welded it into place. works good, but you will probably need to add a roll bar, at least, if not a cage to stop the flex.

Lets see some pics of it outside and from different angles.

Is that blower overdriven?

If you need some Cat5e run or something, it's $72/hr plus materials.

Damn, I only get $15.84 when I run cat 5 :angry7:

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking car, with whatever wheel/tire combo you put on it. It's your car, and you should enjoy it any way you want. There's a lot of great info here, and a lot of enthusiastic members that welcome the opportunity to help. Tim

Welcome pldovr!

Your car,do what you want with it!
I have a car that is 1 of 399 an i mean model,not options,
an if i wanna paint it a dif colour etc,i f**king will!
Which i am! I wont cut it tho lol.

All i wanna know is how does your dart go like?!
Any power figures etc
An i think you should put slicks on it an race it to see :p

Really like your dodge ute too!
What colour is that?
Welcome once again, i dont know why the diss,
its not like you came here with a chevy or something lol.

Its your car, feel free to cut it up all you want. Just remember when it comes time to sell its all ways easier to sell a car that is closer to stock then something thats been cut up and modified to your personal taste.

All so please remember, you asked for opinions. If you dont like those opinions theres no need to get nasty.

That works both ways though guys, If you dont like what hes doing to the car, No reason to jump on him and start arguments. Just ignore the thread.

Its your car, feel free to cut it up all you want. Just remember when it comes time to sell its all ways easier to sell a car that is closer to stock then something thats been cut up and modified to your personal taste.

All so please remember, you asked for opinions. If you dont like those opinions theres no need to get nasty.

That works both ways though guys, If you dont like what hes doing to the car, No reason to jump on him and start arguments. Just ignore the thread.

Well said Adam.

I guess everyone should agree to disagree. I also like the idea of being different. I have 22's on my Ram but I will be staying on the smaller side for my Duster. Small tires are cheaper.

Baby and Truck 031.jpg

Hey Guys,
I recently bought a 1970 Dart Swinger. It does have the 340, and the VIN tag decodes to a 340 car.

It is not stock... it was originally a manual car, but a 4 speed has been swapped in.

The car was repainted from yellow to maroon... still using the same block but it has J heads and a 6-71 blower with dual holley 600s. Came with the stock hood - unmolested, seperate.

I also don't have the stock wheels and am rolling on a set of 20s with a Pro Touring theme.

I recently read somewhere that the 1970 340 was somewhat rare... I honestly do not know so I thought I'd ask. Below is the VIN... it is a Canadian car.

LM23H0R232980

Also... the rear bumper has a pair of rubbers bumper things on it that I see some cars do not have.. are they easily removable... stock??

I suppose the other reason I am asking is because I have been planning on shaving the side markers, handles, antenne, etc, and doing a pretty crazy custom Pro Touring Rod.

I'm not for molesting an original 340 Dart or any other mopar unles the mods are period correct. I think the "pro touring" thing is destoying the culture.

I'm not for molesting an original 340 Dart or any other mopar unles the mods are period correct. I think the "pro touring" thing is destoying the culture.

I dont know if the pro touring thing is the same as 'g machine'
cant keep up with terms these days, but i like the idea
of a g machine.

Old as a dinosaur car,with the latest tech underneath to make
it handle stop an go harder than the latest cars out there,or
just as good.

I personally believe that custom cars are built to the owners liking. So in a sense, they are worth less. I also don't like the shaved handles and believe that rare cars should be built relatively stock. BUT........

I also believe that you should make the car your own. Do something that makes it stand out from the crowd. Nothing worse than going to a car show and seeing 20 red cudas. Can't tell one from the other. My numbers matching 340 4spd Duster is going to have some of my touches that many people probably won't like, but guess what. It's my car and not theirs. Do with it what you want.

Another thing. If it is missing it's fender tag and build sheet, yes. It's still an H code, but that's all you can prove. The value has already gone down as far as a perfect resto project.

Have fun with the car, build it safe and how YOU want it. Don't worry about what others think, they don't own it. Welcome to the site.

I have a big block with a 4 speed and all I did for frame connectors was buy some 2 x 3 inch square tubing and cut to fit and welded it into place. works good, but you will probably need to add a roll bar, at least, if not a cage to stop the flex.

Lets see some pics of it outside and from different angles.

Is that blower overdriven?

Actually.. funny you mention that... I do need to put a roll bar in it. I don't want to do a cage.

I picked up some black leather racing seats for the car... they are a Recaro style seat, so they don't look super Japanese or anything. The seats in it now are in pretty rough shape anyways.

The other reason I went this rout is that I want to run a harness. It's just a smart move with an engine like this.

It's really important to run a roll bar with a harness because without it a roll over will surely kill you.

Do any companies make bolt in or pre-fabricated roll bars, or must I fab something from scratch?

That comment tells me that this is a bogus thread. Do yourself a favour there retard and buy a copy of HotRod delux. I am sure the majority of the guys on here would agree with me.

That comment means that I am from a younger generation from most of the people on here, and in my car culture... big wheels, shaved handles, etc, are king. One of my other cars for instance is a 505hp (dynod) BMW Turbo... it's a totally different type of car... small motor, big turbo, fuel injected... lots of electronics.. etc. What I am building is sort of a cross of the two genres.

n516074453_49621_9802.jpg

n516074453_1442232_5580183.jpg
whp

If boyd shaved the handles I don't think anyone would mind. You're just going to have to trust me on this.

S&W Race Cars sells cage and bar kits. With the bar you are required to have the harness how ever neither item is DOT approved or street legal.

IF you all don't like what this guy posts, don't read or reply to it.

I'm done deleating threads and spankings and time outs are next.

You have been for warned.

i think blower cars require a blow off plate or straps in case of a blower explosion also. ooooh tease me a spanking lol

i think blower cars require a blow off plate or straps in case of a blower explosion also. ooooh tease me a spanking lol

I'll just send you a website where they tie up the people....cause they wanna be tied up of course.....:snakeman:

That comment means that I am from a younger generation from most of the people on here, and in my car culture... big wheels, shaved handles, etc, are king. One of my other cars for instance is a 505hp (dynod) BMW Turbo... it's a totally different type of car... small motor, big turbo, fuel injected... lots of electronics.. etc. What I am building is sort of a cross of the two genres.

n516074453_49621_9802.jpg

n516074453_1442232_5580183.jpg
whp

If boyd shaved the handles I don't think anyone would mind. You're just going to have to trust me on this.

Ok, I apologize but I am old I guess ( and had a few pops). If you know what you are doing and you don't completley destroy the geometry and feel of the the car it your choice. I 've see a lot of young guys desrtoy really nice cars. Ever seen a Road Runner with an aluninum wing riveted to the trunk. I have,, puked but It's your build . By the way , with all respect for Boyd, A lot of rod people hated what he was doing. Boydsters were not a cool thing for a lot of guys.

The best advice I ever got - "listen to what everyone has to say, then do as you damn well please!" Its your car, if your enjoying it, then it is serving its purpose.

I'm not a fan of pro touring either, but its a lot less garrish than pro street. That car looks like it was put together a long time ago judging by the patina(did I spell that right, I don't want to be called unintelligent). I love the flat black engine bay. It screams " I was built by a Camaro guy!"
Once you start getting stuff like that fixed, it will be a lot better.
My car's way more of an abomination than people who look at it know. Its all in the presentation.

I'm not a fan of pro touring either, but its a lot less garrish than pro street. That car looks like it was put together a long time ago judging by the patina(did I spell that right, I don't want to be called unintelligent). I love the flat black engine bay. It screams " I was built by a Camaro guy!"
Once you start getting stuff like that fixed, it will be a lot better.
My car's way more of an abomination than people who look at it know. Its all in the presentation.

Good eye. The blower was installed and the car was re-painted in 1980.

I started on polishing the blower... but it is a lot of work.

-
Back