Is my family strange? Mopar related

-

Takoctopus

Reaction score
My family doesn’t say Mopar, everyone in my family says Chrysler. Chrysler represents all the Mopar cars. I’m 44 and even to me referring to Chrysler products as “Mopar” feels odd. They passed Chrysler to me but I wonder if anybody else has the same sort of experience.

Splitting hairs. Chrysler by it self is just a car brand like Dodge or Plymouth. Chrysler Corporation (or Chrysler Corp) includes all the brands. Mopar is supposed to be a acronym for "motor parts" and is trademark name for Chrysler Corp. Parts Division. Mopar also includes all brands.

not as weird as those people who say mopar and are actually talking about jeeps and fiats

When I was younger I almost never said "Mopar" and used "Chrysler" as an all inclusive. I still remember some kid looked at my beat up old FJ40 with a 340, hood up, and asked "what kind of Chevy is THAT?"

I never called them Mopars when I was younger, there was the all Chrysler national's and such, the guy's at work back in the late 80's started calling me Mopar Mitch before I even called them Mopar's, back then I always had several Dodges and Plymouth's sitting around. I always connected the Mopar name with part's only back then. I started calling them Mopars in about 1988 because of the national's and all. I can't remember anybody around here calling them Mopars back in the 70's we all called them Chrysler's.

-
Back