Is my return spring in correctly?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,
Does this look right? Seems like it's stretched out to far. Yes , no?

Thanks

CE
IMG_20160609_195511495.jpg

Looks like not enough coils and too short.
That risks stretching and could very well change how your clutch works half way through a short trip, but moving the back end of it over into those two holes in the fork lever might work out ok because the movement would be less there.
Having pull forward on the arm is best anyway.

That's the impression I get from it.

Since it stretches farther than that when you push the clutch I would have to say I agree that it is still probably kind of short.

New BB one that I have from Mega has 22 turns and both long ends. Their SB shows what you have now, 16.

Interesting. Subscribed. Going with same exact setup in my 67 cuda. Chris drop me a line when you figure out which spring PN# you end up needing to use.

Still looks over stretched for the application to me, but I'm not a Chrysler engineer either so what do I know? :D

Looks like mine is adjusted much further out than yours. I do need a bit more freeplay in my pedal. Maybe that will make up for some of it.

Thanks!

CE
I drilled a hole in the z bar as well. not hooked to the block like yours. I cut and rewelded my z bar to clear the dougs headers. so the way mine is setup is not factory by all means.

Looks like mine is adjusted much further out than yours. I do need a bit more freeplay in my pedal. Maybe that will make up for some of it.

Thanks!

CE
Looks like too long of a adjuster. Not a problem just too long.

I drilled a hole in the z bar as well. not hooked to the block like yours. I cut and rewelded my z bar to clear the dougs headers. so the way mine is setup is not factory by all means.

I didnt even notice that until you mentioned it. I may try the hole in the z bar arm too if the freeplay adjustment doesnt help.

The Zbar hole won't work.
You are way overthinking this
Pic 3 is perfect
The only job that spring has is to pull the bearing off the clutch fingers. Pic 3 will get it done. I have put whatever springs on there from time to time.Whatever I found laying in my toolbox.
Well I suppose it has a second job; to keep all the "slop" in the system to a minimum.

-
Back