Is that a Gremlin

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
7D470A21-A981-4B23-816E-16DDAC7C9680.jpeg

Friend had one of those cars......

Too bad those women clothes "styles" didn't exist back then!!

Actually THEY DID!! I can still remember 69? out of Navy ET school going home on leave, I flew to Portland, then met a friend, who was going on a trip to my home area, so I rode up here to ID with him

So I get off the plane in Portland. And here is this tiny young "lady." Likely barely 18. She had on a wide mesh knit one piece mini-dress, a tiny pair of black sheer bikini panties, some tiny white ankle socks, and little bitty shoes. AND THAT WAS IT There was nothing she owned you could not see.

That image is still blazed in my mind from time to time.

Mini skirts and micro skirts!!! You found out 'who had legs' !!!!

HERE'S ONE Rob (RRR) will enjoy!!!! In 69 I was sent to NAS Glynco, GA (near Brunswick, St Simons Island, etc) for GCA RADAR school (in the old WWII blimp hanger)

I was checking into personell and other places on first day on base, and here's a young woman wearing a short skirt. It was quite a bit above her knees, and she was wearing black hose. BUT SHE HAD ONLY SHAVED HER LEGS up from the bottom with about 6" of unshaved leg between her skirt and the shaved part!!!

This was NOT an attractive welcome to the base!!!

One of the hangers. These are more than 1000 ft long and I think about 300 ft high. They were in poor shape when I was there in 69-70, and were not for long after that

NAS%20Glynco%20airship%20hangar.jpg

glynco_hangers_03.jpg

Inside one of the hangers, leaky roof!!!

img018s-jpg.jpg

Quonset hut?

Huge wwii hanger. There were ?? about 20 built around the US around WWII out of WOOD. They were at one time the largest wood structures in the US

"Quonset huts" were a specific "fast assemble" building, sent in pieces, originally

From Wiki

A Quonset hut /ˈkwɒnsɪt/ is a lightweight prefabricated structure of corrugated galvanized steel having a semicircular cross-section. The design was developed in the United States, based on the Nissen hut introduced by the British during World War I. Hundreds of thousands were produced during World War II and military surplus was sold to the public.

United States Navy: Quonset Huts: Seabees and the Assembly of the Quonset Huts

assembly+5.jpg

Actually THEY DID!! I can still remember 69? out of Navy ET school going home on leave, I flew to Portland, then met a friend, who was going on a trip to my home area, so I rode up here to ID with him

So I get off the plane in Portland. And here is this tiny young "lady." Likely barely 18. She had on a wide mesh knit one piece mini-dress, a tiny pair of black sheer bikini panties, some tiny white ankle socks, and little bitty shoes. AND THAT WAS IT There was nothing she owned you could not see.

That image is still blazed in my mind from time to time.
Mine too. Thanks

El Toro had blimp hangars if i remember right. When I got older I found it odd that El Toro had those blimp hangars and the Goodyear Blimp parked outside just a ways up the road around Long Beach. :lol: Scuse me, it parked in Carson. :rolleyes:

El Toro had blimp hangars if i remember right. When I got older I found it odd that El Toro had those blimp hangars and the Goodyear Blimp parked outside just a ways up the road around Long Beach. :lol: Scuse me, it parked in Carson. :rolleyes:

Yeh. There are a few other big hangers. What I was referring to specifically were the series of WOODEN blimp hangers built in the WWII era, and were all pretty much built to the same plans. From Wiki:

During World War II, seventeen large hangars were built to house US Navy blimps. Today, eight of these wooden hangars still exist: Moffett Field (2), Tustin, California (2), Tillamook, Oregon (1), Lakehurst, New Jersey (2), and Weeksville, North Carolina (1).

I did not know any of this when I went to RADAR school in 68. Those hangers came down in the 70's soon after I left there. One caught fire, I think maybe lightning.

My first car was a 73 AMC javelin oh, I always thought it would be cool to have a gremlin X... Drove on once it was a 3-speed with a 304..'

My first car was a 73 AMC javelin oh, I always thought it would be cool to have a gremlin X... Drove on once it was a 3-speed with a 304..'
My buddy had an X years ago. It was the worst car I ever put headers on. We swapped the stock 2 barrel carb for a 500 Holley and recurved the dist.. It actually ran quite good.

My wife grew up about 10 minutes from the blimp hanger in Akron.

Been past it a few times.

Mini skirts and micro skirts!!! You found out 'who had legs' !!!!

HERE'S ONE Rob (RRR) will enjoy!!!! In 69 I was sent to NAS Glynco, GA (near Brunswick, St Simons Island, etc) for GCA RADAR school (in the old WWII blimp hanger)

I was checking into personell and other places on first day on base, and here's a young woman wearing a short skirt. It was quite a bit above her knees, and she was wearing black hose. BUT SHE HAD ONLY SHAVED HER LEGS up from the bottom with about 6" of unshaved leg between her skirt and the shaved part!!!

This was NOT an attractive welcome to the base!!!

One of the hangers. These are more than 1000 ft long and I think about 300 ft high. They were in poor shape when I was there in 69-70, and were not for long after that

View attachment 1715567381

View attachment 1715567382

Inside one of the hangers, leaky roof!!!

View attachment 1715567383

Always like when you share those pictures.

-
Back