Is the Plymouth Scamp I just bought uncommon?

-

DJones942013

Reaction score
I just bought a 1972 Plymouth Scamp yesterday, and originally wanted to build it to look like a an old time drag car but still be able to drive it to shows and the Mopar Nationals in Columbus. I just wanted to know if it was uncommon or there was anything special about it so I don't ruin a piece of Chrysler Corp. history. Here's what the decode says:

VH23
Plymouth Valiant, Duster
High
2 Door Hardtop

GR2: 318 150HP or 155HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Windsor, ONT, CAN

329605: Sequence Number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230HP
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
EW1: Dower White Exterior Color
F3F6: Trim - Luxury, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat Green
GF7: Sherwood Green Poly Int. Door Frames
601: Build Date: June 01

550483: Order Number

V1F: Full Vinyl Top: Green
U: USA Specifications
26: 26in Radiator
G12 Tinted Side Glass
F11: 46 Alternator (std with AC)
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25: Wide Sill Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M38: Decklid Finish Panel Moldings

R11: Radio Solid State State AM (2 watt)
V5X: Body Side Stripe, Black
END: End of Sales Codes

It doesn't have the vinyl top or hood/fender turn signals on it anymore but I believe everything else is original including the engine and transmission. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3361.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_3362.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_3363.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 480
First off, it's a Scamp! It rocks! They are less common than Darts, but not necessarily more desirable. Aside from that they really aren't anything special, except to us Scamp owners! Mine is kinda rare as it came with buckets, console and an 8 3/4. Congrats on the purchase. Got pics?

doesn't sound like it - 318 Scamps were pretty common - the white w/green interior does seem to me to be a little less common, so you may want to do some deeper digging before cuttin' her up. Also, good clean survivors are getting hard to find, but the A-Body collectors are into Darts and Dusters.. how about a pic or two?

That is somewhat rare - how about a pic or two from you? :D
First off, it's a Scamp! It rocks! They are less common than Darts, but not necessarily more desirable. Aside from that they really aren't anything special, except to us Scamp owners! Mine is kinda rare as it came with buckets, console and an 8 3/4. Congrats on the purchase. Got pics?

Not hijacking - maybe the OP will see all the hits on his post and swing back in and we'll get those pics we want! Like your car - that console is OEM?
Don't want to Hijack, but you can see it in my gallery under my avatar. :D

Yep, I put a carpet, headliner and new front seat covers. The rest is factory. It's purely a driver.

Scamps are common on a web site dedicated to A-body Mopars.... #-o

But not on the street that you see everyday... :glasses7:

Here's some pictures before and after I got and barn dust off it.

let's try this again

Attachments

• PC061507.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 381
  • PC061505.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 369
  • PC061511.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 381
  • PC061510.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 394
  • PC061502.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 371
  • PC061504.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3351.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 374
Looks great. That grill looks like it is in good shape too. Nice start for whatever you decide to do. I see.........black hood, blacked out markers, black rims and dark tinted windows!

I'd say the green luxury interior,along with having A/C,is quite unusual in a Scamp,most of which were low line strippers.Is it rare? probably...is it valuable? no more than any other Scamp/Swinger of that era,IMO.

I'm thinking 340 4 speed with in violet purple paint, semi gloss black hood, flat black scat pack stripe, weld star drag wheels and black bucket seat and console interior. maybe some light tint on the windows but its very possible to changed.

Nice find,have a 72 Scamp in progress,early 70's street machine vibe.

That ain't no vinyl top car....

It's a color clone for my '72 if it had the top.

People look at my 72 scamp and just scratch thsir head. I have had people ask why I put stickers on my car that says scamp. Lol.

By the pics you washed all the value off. It is no longer a barn find now so there went half the value. j/k Looks like a fine start to something you can enjoy.

LOL - yea! I TELL people it's a Plymouth Scamp - they still walk away talking about "that orange Dart"..
People look at my 72 scamp and just scratch thsir head. I have had people ask why I put stickers on my car that says scamp. Lol.

that would be cool when done - keep us posted!
I'm thinking 340 4 speed with in violet purple paint, semi gloss black hood, flat black scat pack stripe, weld star drag wheels and black bucket seat and console interior. maybe some light tint on the windows but its very possible to changed.

I had a guy ask me why I put this license plate on the front of my 'Dart'.

I finally quit trying to argue with the fool after a few minutes lol.

I also watched a guy walk around it several times scratching his head trying to figure out what it was one day while I was in line at a store (no badges).

Scamps are cool !

I had a 72 that was 318, 904 auto, A/C, 8-3/4 rear, power front disk brakes and bench seat.
I drove it a couple years with the 318, then swapped in a 340 engine, and a suregrip for the 8-3/4. Drove it about 5 more years as my daily driver. Still miss that car.

Also had a White 71 that was 318, A/C, white bucket seat interior, also had disk brakes and an 8-3/4.

-
Back