Is there 1967 column shifter eliminator barracuda

-

67Bar318

Reaction score
1967 Barracuda fastback going from automatic to 4 speed, need to eliminate column shifter. Just took out power steering to manual. Was hoping to just change out steering column collar.

Have indicator off but having hard time with column shifter part . Took out lever and lock screw, maybe being to gentle or am I missing something else. With Scherer pins don't want to get to rough.

20230314_090653.jpg

20230314_093247.jpg

I think I will do next part while it is still attached, looks doable. Taking time to help friend anyway so I will get back to it another time. Thanks

Column shifter part is not coming off. I took off indicator part. I took out lever and lock screw. Am I missing something else to loosen . I didn't want to man handle the column to much. Thanks

20230314_110546.jpg

Should be 3 or 4 screws that hold the shifter collar to the collapsable tube, but I’ve never worked on a 67 column before. Take a picture, with the flash on, looking directly down into the collar/tube area.

Yank, as long as you got the clips holding the shaft to the collar out, you won’t risk damaging the shear pins. It looks like you got everything.

Ok will do. Later today or tomorrow. Will let you know how it went. If I can't get it off I started cutting and sanding while still on. Just will take a lot more time. Thanks

Was able to do shifter column part while still on, sanding, JB weld & sanded, primed and painted. Indicator part all primed, sanded & painted. Will get final pics later today.

20230315_165810.jpg

20230315_165751.jpg

Thanks Professor Fate and FABO. I need to just finish up some minor things on front suspension and steering. Then i will be looking for a Dash assembly frame and dash to install. Thanks again i am HAPPY with this.

20230316_081706.jpg

20230316_081713.jpg

Interesting.... Do I want to spend 5 hrs cutting, grinding, sanding and painting or send Mancini $185.... lol

Thanks for the obvious, I am retired and have plenty of time. I spend money on things I can't do myself. Not that I should be explaining this to you. Lol.

So you’ve got about 10 bucks in it? I’d say that’s worth it. Great job 67.

Thanks for the obvious, I am retired and have plenty of time. I spend money on things I can't do myself. Not that I should be explaining this to you. Lol.
That was me asking myself a question.... not you. lol

I was about to order from Mancini and now I am considering doing what you did.... Not that I need to explain it to you but felt you should know. :thumbsup:

No problem , I guess I read wrong like everything I do lately, getting old is great. Thanks .
This site has been all positive everything I read so I should of took it that way . Plus my wife says I am using my phone more in past few weeks than last 10 years. I hate the phone.

-
Back