Is there a lock on the LA Rocker arm adjustment screw

-

fxrtharley

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to adjust valve lash on 68 barracuda with solid lifters but I am not sure how to adjust the screws. I am used to having a lock nut and turn the screw but there is no lock nut on this type of rocker. Anyone know how to adjust these? I don't want to force it there is some locking feature I am not seeing. Thanks

Adj screw.jpg

No. The factory ones were a interference fit. The aftermarket rockers had a lock nut .

Factory have no lock, BUT I would double chk yours as they appear to be threaded all the way in? Are push rods correct length?

They are an interference fit. Just crank on 'em. BTW, your are buried, you need some threads showing or some longer pushrods. Id rotate the motor until the valve in question is all the way up and then crank about 45 more degrees and loosen that lock nut until you can get a clearance and then set it to spec. Do em all like this. If your new to solids, they all should have a little play in them when the valve is all the way closed.

What engine is it you are working on? I don't think any LA motors had solids and adjustable rockers in 68 from the factory.

Thanks all for the replies. I think the picture angle made the clearance appear worse than it was. I confirmed the push rod was not hitting the rocker after setting. I actually had to push the screw out some since the lash comp cams recommended was .016/.018 and they were set at .023/.025
This is a great forum for help with the unknown or for validation of what one was thinking. Thanks everyone.

-
Back