Is there a source for factory original/correct repro fuel sender for 1968 Dart?

-

1968 Dart 270

Reaction score
Hi guys,I’m working on getting my 1968 Darts fuel gauge working again. Someone’s replaced the sender before I bought the car with one of the new Chinese ones. I’ve heard here that those are garbage and won’t read correctly. Does anyone here know if any vendors are offering a factory correct sender that works correctly or is there anyone here with a factory original rebuilt one that’s for a 68 dart 270?

Place an ad in the "Wanted" section for an used OEM sender, then research rebuilders for the sender. Unfortunately Wolfe and Sons went out of business, I used them multiple times with great result.

Thanks for the input. It looks like my only recourse then is to find an NOS or rebuilt original.
I think it’s amazing that with all the restoration companies out there making fenders,hoods,door handles,emblems,and everything else under the sun,that for some reason nobody can seem to manage to reproduce an important part like the fuel sender correctly. It’s inexcusable and makes no sense to me.Why even bother making something that doesn’t work correctly? Why not just do it right? Don’t they realize word of mouth spreads?

-
Back